We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in a Twin room, whilst in Cape Town to see the England v South Africa cricket match.
As you drive towards the centre of town from the airport, this hotel is before you hit the central part of town. Being slightly removed from the centre means that this hotel is quite peaceful and has a relaxed feel about it as there is no need for the high security required downtown.
Ample car parking is available, which is secure and situated off of the main road. Check-in was fast and the room was fairly recently decorated so looked clean and bright. The bathroom was also very clean and had been recently decorated, although it wasn't particularly new.
We ate breakfast at the hotel, a buffet style affair with the usual choices, which was very good. The large pool area outside is also fairly spacious and didn't get busy on the occasions we used it.
The Waterfront area of Cape Town is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel, so no problems going out at night to eat or to drink. Table Mountain is behind the hotel, the drive to the Cable car is again only about 5 minutes.
Another benefit of being located slightly out of the centre is that the staff are very friendly and have time to take an interest in you, after 5 days we were on first name terms with most of them!
Recommended as a base whilst you're in Cape Town, and you don't want to be stuck in the centre on the Waterfront area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a square on the block in the Mother City. SunSquare Cape Town Gardens is located in the vibrant and cosmopolitan suburb of The Gardens, on the edge of the Cape Town City Bowl. This trendy hotel offers guests more of what they want, making their hotel experience a memorable one. SunSquare Cape Town Gardens is close to the CBD as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre, whilst the Cape Town International Airport is only a short 20-minute drive from the hotel. For leisure travellers, the hotel is beautifully positioned at the base of Table Mountain - one of the new 'Seven Wonders of Nature' - and is close to Long Street, which has an array of day and night time activities with its vast selection of chic restaurants and boutique shops. The hotel is also located within close proximity to main attractions in the area, such as the V&A Waterfront and the gorgeous beaches of Camps Bay and Bloubergstrand. About the hotel SunSquare Cape Town Gardens combines affordability and comfort with modern accommodation for individuals who know exactly what they want. The spacious lobby extends into a bar area, providing a relaxing place for guests to socialise and enjoy themselves - chatting, working or listening to music. The lounge area leads off from the lobby and is yet another comfortable space where guests can read the newspaper, conduct business meetings, or just sit back and relax. Guests can also unwind and have a drink by the terrace, which looks over a lovely pool deck and has magnificent views of the city. For those guests who want to stay fit and healthy while staying at the hotel, the well-equipped gym comes in handy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your SunSquare Cape Town Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court De Waal Hotel Cape Town Central
- SunSquare Cape Town Gardens South Africa