“In need of renovation”
Review of SUN1 Foreshore

SUN1 Foreshore
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Town Central
SUN1 Foreshore
Ranked #104 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Durban, South Africa
“In need of renovation”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed there while on business in Cape Town as my client was trying to cut costs. Price wise, this is probably the cheapes hotel in Cape Town that is part of a franchise so you know what to expect. It has great positioning as it is close to many of the main attraction of the Cape Town city. Sadly although many of the Formula 1 hotels around South Africa have recently been upgraded this hotel has not changed. The rooms are old, tired and abused and it really seems to show. I have stayed in many of the Formula 1 hotels around the country and this is by far in the worst condition.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Clyde D

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Formule 1 hotel is for travellers who are looking for good value for money. The Formule 1 hotel on the Foreshore in Cape Town is very well situated, close to the VA Waterfront, within walking distance of the CBD and Cape Town station. It is also very close to the new bus service which has just been introduced in Cape Town. It is also very next to the Artscape Theatre in Cape Town. Clean, quiet, compact, with safe parking, it is unbelievable value for money - under R450 per room per night (it has a double room and a bunk bed on top). I have stayed in many of these hotels and have never had a problem with any of them. I also found the staff very friendly and willing to help. Breakfast is available at R35 per person and, although it's very basic (cereals, toast, tea, coffee), being able to eat there is very convenient when time is a problem.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Gibbsfamily
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I received an email on 10 March to confirm my booking for 19 April 2012. Before my flight I phone Formula 1 Hotel to make sure everything is fine. The receptionist didn't know my name or reservation number. I was then told my reservation number is wrong.

I was getting no-where and decided to stay at the Road Lodge, a wise decision. Don't bother booking online with Formula 1 Hotel, they are still the in pre-computer era.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
11 Thank PEForever

Travellers are raving about these Cape Town Central hotels

Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 5 September 2011

location, location,location! this basic hotel is very near VA water front, has a secure car park, but is very simple. On my first night, I was surprised that they didn't have my reservation, I even showed then my printouts, and the recepcionist said, I was lucky that they had a room for me, but more expensive than i booked, I sent some email to accor, and asked then my refund, and they didn't botter, so i don't trust on their on line reservation, after all, i recomend this hotel, as it is cheap and well locate.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Best Western Cape Suites Hotel
Best Western Cape Suites Hotel
#86 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town Ci...
#47 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to SUN1 Foreshore? Share your experiences!