“Perfection”

Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Perfection”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Cape Grace in August 2009. Everything about this property was unrivaled. The service was incredible and I was greeted by name every time I happened into the lobby. The restaurant and breakfast were excellent and the guest room was picture perfect. I had an incredible view of table mountain. I also took advantage of the hotel car service. Included in my room price was the ability to have the hotel drivers take you anywhere within 25 miles. I would definitely recommended getting this package. It was a huge help to me during my stay and the drivers were fantastic. Overall, it was truly the trip of a lifetime. I seriously thought, I don't know what I ever did to deserve to stay at such an amazing property.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Beautiful setting in Cape Town Harbor. Perfect walking distance to restaurants and night life. We had a large suite which was very comfortable for our family of four with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Nice private outdoor terrace. We ate breakfast in the hotel which was very nice. Room service was lovely as well.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 August 2011

What a magnificent hotel to stay in.......so luxurious and yet friendly with extremely helpful staff. Spent 5 nights here with friends and it was one of the best holidays. One highlight was chartering the hotels yacht for a couple of hours ....watching the sunset ,drinking champagne-magical. The views of Table Mountain at the back are stunning and any trips we wanted help with were done quickly and efficiently. They even recorded the rugby for us as we were booked into a restaurant at the same time as the end of the game!!! If you were contemplating staying here you would not be disappointed. Fabulous .

Room Tip: At the rear of the hotel overlooking the harbour and Table Mountain.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Banbridge, Co Down
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Cape Grace in mid July for 3 nights whilst we were on honeymoon.
Firstly the hotel is very easy to reach, and this was particularly useful as this was my first time driving in Cape Town.
There is ample parking space and we were able to park right outside the front door.
The doormen extended a warm greeting upon our arrival and then we met Sheba who was extremely warm and courteous whilst checking us in.
The bedroom was very spacious and immaculately clean. Sparkling wine awaited us and also on our last night the hotel sent us a bottle of amarillo. We also had a wonderful view over the marina.
The concierge, Stretton arranged tickets for Table Mountain and also arranged for the hotel car to bring us there and back.
We made use of the car a few times and it is a really useful service and the chauffeurs we encountered, Ricky and Lance, were very knowledgable and friendly guys.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel during our stay but that was absolutely wonderful.
On a few occasions we had cocktails at the bar right beside the marina. It really was a divine experience.
The Cape Grace offers a e suite which we found useful as well as printing facilities.
All the staff knew our names and to be honest I could not find any faults with the Cape Grace.
We really had the most brilliant stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Cape Grace to anyone travelling to Cape Town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Picture perfect.....our room was charming with a gorgeous view of the harbor and Table Mountain. The hotel decor was lovely, and the location on the harbor is great for exploring. Service was exceptional. This hotel is first-class all the way.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here for a week. It is very well situated in Cape Town, within easy walking distance of the V & A Waterfront. All the staff (doormen, drivers, porters, reception, manager, concierge, restaurant, spa, housecleaning) were friendly and their level of service is outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was well appointed, spotless and very comfortable. The breakfasts are included and are very delicious and filling. It is a great place to stay for tourists and business people. The spa was very nice. The chauffeur-driven BMW was a nice perk. I found the Bascule Lounge to be very smokey at night and couldn't tolerate it for more than a few minutes - they should make it totally non-smoking (but that is also a problem in many restaurants in South Africa which have smoking "sections"). The suites are perfect for families. We swam in the pool even though it was winter. Poolside service was good.

Room Tip: The mountain view is quieter and more peaceful. The front of the hotel is slightly noisier due to pa...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
South Africa
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We all expect the Cape Grace to be a luxurious and stylish hotel in the V&A Waterfront but it is only after I have taken my family, husband, 3 year old and 9 month old baby that I realized why indeed they are one of the best hotels in Africa. As a Tour Operator working at Cedarberg African Travel for 10 years now I am always slightly sceptical if the places are as good as they say...
From the moment we arrived the warm welcome and friendliness of all the staff was much appreciated especially towards my 3 year old girl (as she loves a fuzz). What also impressed me of the Cape Grace is that they wanted to know the exact ages of my children to make sure they have all the little things in the room set up to suit their ages! The cot was set-up and my 3 year old slept on a day sofa bed which they made up after dinner.
On check-in our 3 year old was told about the gingerbread decorating that evening and as soon as we walked into our Superior room she received a small gift of a coloring book and some pencils. Our baby boy received a Cape Grace bib, baby shampoo, wipes and anything you might need like a microwave- a bottle brush etc. In the bathroom they had special shampoo and bubble bath for my 3 year old girl and a whole bag full of bath toys…
Nothing is too much for them and they even have small slippers for my 3 years old. The Two oceans aquarium is a treat for children and only 2 minutes walk from the Cape Grace. So after my stay I can say that the Cape Grace is not only wonderful for the discerning guest or the honeymooners it is also perfect for families with children of all ages! For families with older children the Cape Grace offers 1, 2 or 3 bedroom suites…

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family