We started our South African vacation with a stay at the Cape Grace hotel for the first 5 nights of a 16 night holiday and could not have been any happier. The property itself was absolutely perfect. Although the property was renovated a few years back, everything looked brand new. The location in the Waterfront was perfect and walkable to lot's of restaurants, shopping, and "tourist" area of Capetown. It was also just a short drive (provided by hotel BMW) to all of the other parts of the city and Table Mountain.
The service was the friendliest and most helpful that I have experienced at any property --- from the front door man, to wait staff, to the front desk to the concierge. Each and every one of them ready to see if we had everything we wanted, to provide restaurant or touring advice, and to make sure we had everything we needed. We couldn't have felt more genuinely welcome.
We spent the first day on-property recovering from jetlag and enjoyed Tapas on the water at sunset at the bar in the back of the hotel overlooking Table Mountain for dinner. The food in the main restaurant for dinner later in the week was incredible and breakfast (which was included) was outstanding as well. Room were spotless, large and well equipped. And the beds were extremely comfortable.
We used the complimentary hotel BMW many times throughout our stay without any issues or waits. My only area for potential improvement (which is difficult to find) was that the wifi was a bit spotty in some of the public areas (lobby, pool, library, etc). Although the signal was strong and incredibly fast in our room, and it is provided free of charge to all hotel guests (so it's hard to fault).
Overall it was the perfect place to start our trip and we couldn't thank the Cape Grace enough for a fantastic stay. We wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa