“Elegance at its best”
Review of Cape Grace

Cape Grace
Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 31 May 2012

From the moment we arrived on the property, we were treated to superb service, food and amenities. This hotel has the best concierge service I have ever had the pleasure to use. We had emailed ahead and they arranged two days of the most wonderful day tours anyone could enjoy. The restaurant staff is so helpful and friendly and accomodating. They would have my diet coke on the table ready for me after our first meal there. Hats off to the Cape Grace!!!!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in this supreme location.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,105)

Reviewed 26 May 2012

On the 4th of may, my cousin and I checked into the Cape Grace Hotel after a very long plane ride. We were personally escorted to our room by the manager on duty, shown all th amenities, and then before we knew it, the luggage arrived. The room had a large entrance space including the ubiquitous mini bar, but nice tea and coffee making facilities. The coffee was actually an individual one cup filter type, and there was always some biscotti with it. Then there was a dressing room...two closets separated by a dressing table, and a separate bath including a room with a toilet, double sinks, a luscious tub and a two headed shower. Everything about the room was spacious and comfortable and luxurious.
The hotel has a charming library where you may visi with friends, have a light meal or even read a book. The hotel also offered us the services of a car and driver, complimentary, and off we went to table Mountan. Breakfast is n experience in delicious creativity.
While we didn't use the spa or the pool, both looked inviting. And the location of the hotel...superb.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank grannynanny
Reviewed 25 May 2012

A fabulous night spent at the Cape Grace. Splendor at its best!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I concur with all the positive comments and this is arguably the best hotel that I've stayed in - I have stayed in 'over the top' good hotels but in terms of understated elegance this one is tops. Hats off to Nqobile (The Library) for superb service, and to the breakfast staff, also to ?Faith who checked me in. I was so impressed by the efficiency. My one tiny gripe that usually can ruin a good stay: I was enjoying a glass of port in the Library and one waitress paced up and down past me and a friend that I had not seen in a year. Well a second came by and said quite blandly: "Is one of you a guest here." I would rather she asked for my room number because the attitude was as if I had walked off the street and poured myself a glass of port. Meanwhile, foreign guests were trooping in, seating themselves and they were handed menus - no questions asked. I found this severely annoying especially in the presence of a guest. However, Nqobile's superb service the next night made up for any inconvenience. This should not detract from the 99.9% I give the hotel for efficiency and breakfast in bed -- a treat and at no extra cost.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at the Cape Grace at the start of our honeymoon and the experience was fantastic. The staff are very professional but friendly and went out of their way to ensure that everything we needed was provided for. We were offered an excellent rate to upgrade to a penthouse suite and this proved to be worth the extra cost. The rooms were very spacious and had some lovely old colonial style furnishings. In addition it had a jacuzzi out on the balcony overlooking the marina and table mountain which was spectacular. Everyday we came back to a small surprise gift such as chocolates or a fruit basket which was a nice touch - I'm not sure if this came with the penthouse or the honeymoon? Food at the hotel was very good with a great range of options for breakfast and on the one occasion when we had dinner it was excellent and not over priced.

As we were staying for four nights the location suited us perfectly as a base to do some sightseeing and to enjoy the amenities of the waterfront. It is a short safe walk to the aquarium (from where you can also catch the hop on/off tourist bus) or the shops and restaurants of the Victoria and Alfred centres.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

What can you say about a hotel that unexpectedly upgrades you to a penthouse suite right at the beginning of a 5 night stay? Great views right across the waterfront, total comfort and luxury, breakfast set up on the balcony every morning, restaurant dining a real experience too, friendly and helpful staff, and no end of little extras. Can't praise this place too highly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2012

What a pleasure. Real five star luxury from A to Z. Their inhouse restaurant must be one of the best in the country. Located right on the water within minutes walk to the V&A Shopping complex.

PS! Ask for rooms with a view towards the sea - no extra and very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
City Bowl
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
#11 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, C...
#31 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Taj Cape Town
#16 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Cape Royale Luxury Hotel
#45 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Cape Grace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cape Grace

Address: West Quay Road | Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town Central 8001, South Africa
Region: South Africa > Western Cape > Cape Town > Cape Town Central
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Spa Hotel in Cape Town Central
#3 Romantic Hotel in Cape Town Central
#4 Family Hotel in Cape Town Central
#4 Business Hotel in Cape Town Central
#7 Luxury Hotel in Cape Town Central
Price Range: £377 - £1,247 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Cape Grace 5*
Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central