Cape Grace
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$518
US$446
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$237
US$231
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$878
  • Breakfast included
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$249
US$277
US$259
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$169
US$149
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$164
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$225
US$168
Agoda.com
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$390
US$349
Hotels.com
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$115
TripAdvisor
2,188 results
All reviewssignal restaurantbascule barwelcome homewhiskey bartable mountaincomplimentary car servicechauffeur serviceoverlooking the marinadressing areabeautiful hotelour honeymoonevery member of staffluxury roomperfect locationbottle of champagnewaterfront areafive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A beautiful hotel with first class service! From the moment we arrived, we knew that we where in the best hands. Check in was quick and effecient, the rooms are stunning with breathtaking views of the harbour and Mountain. We had lunch in the restaurant and our food was divine. Drinks both nights at The Bascule - after ordering our first round, we never had to ask, our waitress knew what we wanted and was always there to help us. An excellent breakfast with a wide variety - something to cater for everyone's needs. I can highly recommend a stay at the Cape Grace.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2012

What a hotel! From my stunning, spacious room with the Charlotte Rhys bathroom amenities to the breathtaking view of Table & Lion Mountains...I could have stayed for weeks. The location is perfection - steps away from the Waterfront where one can wine and dine and catch all the boats, buses and helicopters for any tour.
The breakfast buffet was perhaps among the best I have ever had and the afternoon tea service was memorable- better than the Ritz in London!
The staff is gracious, smiling and goes out of their way to please.
The Spa is gorgeous, offering an array of treatments and the gym is open 24hrs.
I cannot say enough about this hotel!!! I can't wait to return.
Thank you so much for taking such good care of me!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Everything about the Cape Grace speaks of service and luxury. From the moment we were greeted at the airport by their driver, the experience was everything that you expect from a luxury hotel. Some particular notables:

I've never stayed in a hotel where the dining venues were so enjoyable that I did not want to leave the hotel! Whether it was breakfast in the Signal Restaurant, tapas in Bascule Bar, or a light dinner in the library, every meal was exquisite.

The rooms are adequately sized but the bathrooms are HUGE marble affairs with a separate shower, a deep soaking tub, a separate water closet, and two sinks.

The car service is a huge convenience and available to take visitors distances that cover the main attractions (You'll want to rent a car or take a tour to get to the peninsula or wine country.)

One note: I'd not pay extra for a room with a patio again. Although the view was lovely, when you sat down, most of the view was blocked by patio walls that were high and wide. But it did not matter - the hotel and surrounding area were so nice, we did not miss sitting on the patio.

The Cape Grace is elegant and comfortable at the same time. If I'm ever in Cape Town again, I'll certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a patio. When you sit down, you lose most of the view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

From the moment we arrived on the property, we were treated to superb service, food and amenities. This hotel has the best concierge service I have ever had the pleasure to use. We had emailed ahead and they arranged two days of the most wonderful day tours anyone could enjoy. The restaurant staff is so helpful and friendly and accomodating. They would have my diet coke on the table ready for me after our first meal there. Hats off to the Cape Grace!!!!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room in this supreme location.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2012

On the 4th of may, my cousin and I checked into the Cape Grace Hotel after a very long plane ride. We were personally escorted to our room by the manager on duty, shown all th amenities, and then before we knew it, the luggage arrived. The room had a large entrance space including the ubiquitous mini bar, but nice tea and coffee making facilities. The coffee was actually an individual one cup filter type, and there was always some biscotti with it. Then there was a dressing room...two closets separated by a dressing table, and a separate bath including a room with a toilet, double sinks, a luscious tub and a two headed shower. Everything about the room was spacious and comfortable and luxurious.
The hotel has a charming library where you may visi with friends, have a light meal or even read a book. The hotel also offered us the services of a car and driver, complimentary, and off we went to table Mountan. Breakfast is n experience in delicious creativity.
While we didn't use the spa or the pool, both looked inviting. And the location of the hotel...superb.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends