This post is all about the Afternoon Tea on offer at the Cape Grace:
The Cape Grace is a truly elegant hotel that seems almost secreted away at the V&A Waterfront. Hotel Staff are super attentive and genuinely welcoming. We had a booking for Afternoon Tea for a large group at the Library and at a cost of R105pp I must say that it's one of the best value-for-money teas in Cape Town.
The Library itself is exquisitely furnished in dark wood, plush carpets and brass fittings. We were seated out on the 'terrace' (closed in) which allowed our large group sufficient privacy. With everything prepped for our arrival it was lovely to see that our presence was anticipated and planned for.
The supply of tea and coffee seems never-ending and the tiered stands of afternoon eats look too-good-to-eat. The Salmon blini-type savory sandwiches were definitely the best! The macarons were almost too sweet which was disappointing because macarons remain my favourite delicate snack. The scones were ready prepared (topped with cream and strawberry jam/lemon curd) which was appreciated and the rest of the goodies were fine, some a little dry...
All round I would definitely recommend this tea and I will also definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa