We ordered the tasting menu which was delicious. Not everyone in our party raved about all of the courses and there was a really odd sweet course in the middle but the ostrich carpaccio for example was delicious. Service was another story. Food was very delayed at the start then the food and wine got out of synch. We then got a chilled red that should not have been cold and we complained to the waiter who told the sommelier who the told the waiter to come back and apologise for his mistake. Sommelier walked past us several times until I asked that he came to the table. He blamed the waiter in front of us which was disgraceful and cowardly. The waiter had a lot to do! Not the best meal ever but with a bit more effort this could be very good. Lazy sommelier should be retrained in service and certainly should explain and pour the wine in a matched pairing menu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa