I was fortunate to be spoilt as a birthday treat to a night here. Over the last 10 years, we have dined here several times (sometimes good, sometimes not-so-much) and have seen a few decor changes. The decor now is beautifully opulent. We were welcomed to check-in earlier as our 2 -bedroomed suite was available. A lavish, super-comfortable home-from-home awaited us. 150sq m apartment with a balcony overlooking Table Mountain and yacht-basin, birthday champagne and sweet treats, and even a gift for our daughter. Just steps to the waterfront for a light lunch, then back to the heated pool for some sun and dipping. Pool area is not very spacious, so beds are close to one another. Almost full when we swam there. Cold jugs of fruity water a nice touch. We did not dine at the hotel, having booked at 95 Keerom (also reviewed). Beds comfortable, marble bathrooms with excellent toiletries, comfy gowns and slippers. Room tip: ask for mountain view room - the working dock view can become noisy . Block-out curtains allowed to us to a great sleep-in; down to breakfast at 9am, which was well presented with a fair choice of food. Hot food has to be ordered, which did not go too well. The waiter did not write anything down, which meant the order arrived completely wrong and had to be sent back - twice! An excellent massage at the spa at 11 completed a relaxing mini-holiday for us, ready to face the world again. Staff are all professional and friendly and have obviously been trained very well. Having stayed at the One and Only a few times as well, I could highly recommend either - depending on your choice of glamorous space or opulent exclusive sophistication. Mmmm, perhaps I'll have to stay here again to make up my mind which I prefer....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa