Four generations went to Cape Grace for afternoon tea. It started well with a huge selection of teas and a lesson on the perfect infusion. Our waitress was excellent but she was badly let down by the restaurant manager and kitchen staff. After half an hour she informed us all the scones had been sold so more would be cooked however they would serve the afternoon tea minus the scones. An hour after arrival the food arrived. Our waitress was most apologetic. The restaurant manager manager arrived just as the two under twos started to cry and the rest of the party were eating to ask if everything was ok. Not a good time to discuss the problem! Once the meal was completed we went to pay and our waitress once again apologised. We asked that the restaurant manager be informed of our apalling wait. She went to inform him, we heard her telling him but he never came out to offer any apology or a discount. If this is service at Cape Grace we will continue to stay at and enjoy The One and Only where the service and food has been outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a private quay between the working harbour of Cape Town’s bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and the serenity of an international yacht marina, Cape Grace is a welcoming and gracious sanctuary of tradition, sophistication and contemporary comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Grace Hotel Cape Town Central
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Town Grace
- Cape Grace Cape Town, South Africa