Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lady Hamilton Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fritz Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Very Good 4/5
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Very Good 4/5
Cape Cadogan(Cape Town Central)
Great 4.5/5
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
SunSquare Cape Town Gardens(Cape Town Central)
Very Good 4/5
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
More Quarters Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Excellent 5/5
Ikhaya Lodge(Cape Town Central)
Very Good 4/5
Cape Town Hollow(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
1,727 results
All reviewsplanet restauranthigh teaoasis restaurantpink ladyfamous afternoon teachef's tabletennis courtscolonial hotelgrand damegrand old ladytable mountainmain buildingjunior suitecompany gardensoystersconcierge deskwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed at the Mount Nelson for 5 nights. The service at this Hotel is outstanding. The staff are friendly,attentive and always greet guests with a warm smile. From the moment I arrived I was was made to feel not only welcome,but as a very special guest.
As I checked in, I suddenly realized I had left my credit card in the ATM at Cape Town airport. I immediately panicked and began to feel as though I was going to unravel very quickly. I did not know what to do! Crystal, who was doing my check in was calm and professional, while I went into melt down mode she quietly got MasterCard on the phone and then simply handed the phone over. My card was cancelled within minutes and crisis was contained. As I started to cry through stress and exhaustion Crystal gave me a warm hug and comforted me like I was her own family.
The service continued at this level throughout our stay,I cannot praise the staff highly enough. My husband and I have stayed in many Hotels throughout the world and The Mount Nelson is voted as No1 without a doubt.
The room was beautiful,always clean and well stocked with amenities. Towels are always in good supplymand the bathroommis clean and so ions with a lovely hot shower and great water pressure.
The breakfast menu is great with a buffet selection complimented with hot cooked breakfast as you like! Fresh squeezed orange Juice is just that! The Planet Bar and restaurant don't disappoint either,with top quality wine,food and beer's.
All in all our stay at the Mount Nelson has been a wonderful experience, and I hope to one day return.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I had a long stay in this excellent hotel- the best place in cape town. Beautiful buidling, full of charm, attentive staff - concierge and reception staff always with a smile and they do their best to make you feel at home immediately. The concierge was proud on his hotel and explained me with passion the history of the hotel, a passionate and very pleasant moment for me- so personal and heartwarming. Rooms are excellent - roomservice food of exceptional; good quality and dining in THE PLANET restaurant is an experience ( They rate in the top 20 of South Africa's best restaurants)- this is an example set by the orient express group , great hotel management and staff. I hope and encourage them to keep it up! And the view ...next to the touble mountain in the nicest city of the world a real dream!

Room Tip: Choose main building - if you have the chance and money go for a deluxe suite! They are fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank toversti
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My teenage daughters and I stayed 5 nights at the Mount Nelson. The service was beyond comparison - the concierge was always available to answer questions about excursions, etc. In fact, the hotel provides drivers for a quick ride to town, or a longer trip around the Cape, etc. Afternoon tea is a must, and the complimentary breakfast is incredible. Every single staff member was gracious and friendly. Mount Nelson is charming and old-world, but the rooms are modern and quite luxurious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We first stayed in the Mount Nelson on our honeymoon in 2005 and have been returning ever since. The service is faultless and although we have stayed in various part of the hotels, even the "standard" rooms are lovely and big with lovely marble bathrooms and fantastic super king sized beds. Very friendly staff at breakfast - the breakfast manager is the same one since we first visited, and is very attentive to clearing dishes, having people served quickly and making sure the buffet is kept topped up etc - the man never rests! It is also lovely to have had the same waitress, Katie, who we have had the pleasure of meeting every year! It;s a good sign that the staff are retained for so long. It is fantastic to be so near to town, yet feel like you are in a peaceful, lush setting. It is lovely to go to the Planet Bar for a pre or post dinner drink on the weekend and people watch, as it attracts locals as well as guests - Ishmael at the Planet Bar was also very friendly and attentive. When we visited last year with our 8 month old baby, they had set up a lovely wooden cot (not just a travel cot) and also gave us a basket of Johnsons baby toiletries and a stuffed toy - which was a lovely touch. Another nice touch is that there is always a hand written note and a bottle of complementary wine in our room, welcoming us back. We have yet to be disappointed and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you are celebrating a special anniversary / birthday during your stay, let reception know ahead of time and you may be given a complimentary room upgrade. Rooms in the annexes, rather than main hotel, tend to be larger. Rooms in Oasis wing appear to be smallest, based on my experience.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed at The Mount Nelson Hotel for two nights to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary. This is a famous and lovely hotel with great views of Table Mountain and excellent service. Our special occasion was recognised and the staff were friendly and welcoming. The breakfasts were good and we had a splendid dinner at The Planet Restaurant. We also enjoyed the heated outdoor pool which was definitely warm enough to swim in despite it being winter in South Africa. The only (very minor) disappointment was the small bathroom. Nevertheless, everything worked and the shower was powerful enough. There is a free shuttle service to the Waterfront and to Camp's Bay and the Hop-on-Hop-off bus stops right outside the main entrance.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite (because it was our golden wedding) and had a great view of Table Mountain but my guess is all the rooms are good. The cottages by the swimming pool looked charming too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple