Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lady Hamilton Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fritz Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Cadogan(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
SunSquare Cape Town Gardens(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
More Quarters Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Ikhaya Lodge(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Town Hollow(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
1,727 results
All reviewsplanet restauranthigh teaoasis restaurantpink ladyfamous afternoon teachef's tabletennis courtscolonial hotelgrand damegrand old ladytable mountainmain buildingjunior suitecompany gardensoystersconcierge deskwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The tale end of our spectacular SA honeymoon.
Luxurious.
Old style.
Enormous private suite--of on it's own. Three times the size of the average NYC apartment.
Elegant.
Lovely.
Superb service.
Beautiful city.
Friendly folks all around.

Room Tip: Ask for a private bungalow.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Mount Nelson is one of Cape Town's oldest and most venerable institutions...and with good reason. From the moment you step through the front door of the very pink building, you are transported to another world where manners are a given and you feel welcomed.

Check in is an absolute breeze and you are shown up to your room with its lovely view, beautiful bed and bank of cupboards with every kind of hanger you can possibly ask for. The in-room safe is easy to operate and the toiletries in the bathroom are fantastic.

The staff are attentive without being intrusive, as well as being helpful and considerate. Even the lady who turns down your bed is willing to have a chat with you if you fancy it. The concierge is very well informed and will spend time giving you the history of the hotel if you're interested, while also being able to give you directions to any of Cape Town's attractions.

Breakfast is served in the conservatory and suits every taste from the continental type to a full English and everything in between. Afternoon tea is served in the same spot and is a wonderful little jaunt, particularly in a cold and grey Cape Town winter.

The hotel is also wonderfully positioned, being a 10min drive down to the Waterfront and not much further to Cape Town's most famous landmark - Table Mountain.

Overall, you would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in Cape Town for a similar price.

Room Tip: The garden facing rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed at the Mount Nelson for 5 nights. The service at this Hotel is outstanding. The staff are friendly,attentive and always greet guests with a warm smile. From the moment I arrived I was was made to feel not only welcome,but as a very special guest.
As I checked in, I suddenly realized I had left my credit card in the ATM at Cape Town airport. I immediately panicked and began to feel as though I was going to unravel very quickly. I did not know what to do! Crystal, who was doing my check in was calm and professional, while I went into melt down mode she quietly got MasterCard on the phone and then simply handed the phone over. My card was cancelled within minutes and crisis was contained. As I started to cry through stress and exhaustion Crystal gave me a warm hug and comforted me like I was her own family.
The service continued at this level throughout our stay,I cannot praise the staff highly enough. My husband and I have stayed in many Hotels throughout the world and The Mount Nelson is voted as No1 without a doubt.
The room was beautiful,always clean and well stocked with amenities. Towels are always in good supplymand the bathroommis clean and so ions with a lovely hot shower and great water pressure.
The breakfast menu is great with a buffet selection complimented with hot cooked breakfast as you like! Fresh squeezed orange Juice is just that! The Planet Bar and restaurant don't disappoint either,with top quality wine,food and beer's.
All in all our stay at the Mount Nelson has been a wonderful experience, and I hope to one day return.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I had a long stay in this excellent hotel- the best place in cape town. Beautiful buidling, full of charm, attentive staff - concierge and reception staff always with a smile and they do their best to make you feel at home immediately. The concierge was proud on his hotel and explained me with passion the history of the hotel, a passionate and very pleasant moment for me- so personal and heartwarming. Rooms are excellent - roomservice food of exceptional; good quality and dining in THE PLANET restaurant is an experience ( They rate in the top 20 of South Africa's best restaurants)- this is an example set by the orient express group , great hotel management and staff. I hope and encourage them to keep it up! And the view ...next to the touble mountain in the nicest city of the world a real dream!

Room Tip: Choose main building - if you have the chance and money go for a deluxe suite! They are fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank toversti
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My teenage daughters and I stayed 5 nights at the Mount Nelson. The service was beyond comparison - the concierge was always available to answer questions about excursions, etc. In fact, the hotel provides drivers for a quick ride to town, or a longer trip around the Cape, etc. Afternoon tea is a must, and the complimentary breakfast is incredible. Every single staff member was gracious and friendly. Mount Nelson is charming and old-world, but the rooms are modern and quite luxurious.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family