“Bellissimo”

Ranked #10 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
New York City, New York
“Bellissimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

It 's like going back in time this hotel is wonderful, as soon as you walk through the entrance to the amosfera that you take is incredible. Great service, everything is done to satisfy the customer, clean rooms and attention to detail. The breakfast of excellent quality. The location is perfect. We were a bit of time to giaridno silently in the center of cape town and admire the stars. Restaurant at high level both in quality and in service

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Nelson. Definitely 5 star in all respects - rooms are particularly comfortable and bathrooms well appointed. Only disappointment was the Planet restaurant which was no more than average compared with other Cape Town restaurants.

Staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had the pleasure of going to Cape Town on a business trip and stayed at the Mount Nelson. The staff, service, location, and hotel itself are all fantastic. The room was the perfect size and spotless. Not to mention the fantastic view of table mountain from my balcony. Having been a demanding group of travelers at times, the staff were always more than happy to accommodate our needs. Already planning my next trip!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was perfect! Superb accommodation, service, staff. Total luxury and comfort. We have stayed at many top hotels around the world and this hotel came out as tops for us. It is now our hotel of choice in Cape Town!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

There is quite a nostalgia staying at the Mount Nelson due to it's history and prestige. I knew this going into it but it wasn't until I arrived that I was truly impressed by the beautiful grounds combined with impeccable customer service. MN is also very conveniently located across the street from Company Gardens as well as adjacent to Kloof and Long Streets. The staff is always helpful and friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. The grounds of the property are meticulously manicured and beautiful to look at. Guest rooms are spacious and inviting with lovely bathrooms. The prices at the restaurants on property were quite fair considering the high level of hotel this is. Afternoon tea is not to be missed! It is very popular so make your reservation in advance. It really is a lovely experience. The breakfast buffet was my favorite and I ate far too much on a daily basis because it was so good! The pool was a nice quiet area to relax and the spa and fitness center were both also very nice. This property really knows how to keep up in a competitive market.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Mount Nelson is a brilliant hotel located by the table mountain, and what a beautiful view and surrounding. The service was well delivered by all staff on duties, from waiters to concierge, and from Reception to room service - and always a great smile on their face.
If you are looking to staying in a calm, classic and chic hotel, this would be the place of your choice. The hotel also provides free shuttle to table mountain, waterfront and few other areas.
I couldn´t forget to mention about their afternoon tea, is a must do, and a must enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our entire experience in the Hotel made us feel like Royalty... Excellent attention to our every move whilst on the Property, follow up to the most minor detail and a real desire to please us in every way.
Staff was attentive and ALWAYS offered a smile and friendly greeting. They often erred toward offering something if we gave even the slightest indication of desire.

The room was Goldilocks… juuuuuust right! The toiletries were of wonderful quality (Charlotte Rhys), the linen/towels were A grade, the bed very comfortable & the design was lovely & regal. A coffee/espresso machine was a nice touch, & necessary several times to get me over the hump to the evening’s activities! The gym was quaint yet complete; anything you wanted to work on was available (free weights, machines, treadmill, rowing, elliptical, stretching). The negative edge pool was thankfully heated which was necessary even in early May. The Tennis Courts were in good repair and secluded (almost hidden) which is too bad (they aren't even mentioned on the website). Tennis available is one thing missed, but more importantly is the Gem the Property possesses in their Tennis Pro, Barkie McKrea. I’ve played A LOT of Tennis (rated NTRP 4.0) and in all my years I have found no other Coach like Barkie. He was unusually perceptive about me, my game & my potential and he offers only that which SPECIFICALLY suits me, my playing style and my ability. He makes it EASY to incorporate that which I could not find without his guidance/encouragement (nor could I find it with other Tennis Pros in the States). And it is THAT which is already in me that Barkie brings out which will not only forever change my Tennis game; it will stay with me forever! Others told me what was missing, Barkie told me SPECIFICALLY what to do. Much love for/to Barkie; only wish I could train with him more (8500 miles is a rather long commute I’m afraid)…

The food at MNH was always very well prepared and delicious to eat. The Afternoon High Tea was pretty special indeed, and their knowledge of the Teas and the expansive Menu (highly educative) was FABULOUS! I felt as if I should ensure my pinkie out when drinking their beautifully presented Teas as everything was so lovely & refined.

Some Hotels labeled as ‘whatever’ are not ‘that label’… this one has earned theirs & is worth every penny. And if you like Tennis, be sure to set up some time with Barkie, it’ll change your game forever!

Some Hotels labeled as ‘whatever’ are not ‘that label’… this one has earned theirs & is worth every penny. And if you like Tennis, be sure to set up some time with Barkie, it’ll add to your game like nothing has ever before!

Room Tip: I rather liked the Historical buildings which begat a more authentic experience yet the rooms were e...