Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lady Hamilton Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fritz Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Cadogan(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
African Pride 15 On Orange Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
SunSquare Cape Town Gardens(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
More Quarters Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Ikhaya Lodge(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Cape Town Hollow(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
1,727 results
All reviewsplanet restauranthigh teaoasis restaurantpink ladyfamous afternoon teachef's tabletennis courtscolonial hotelgrand damegrand old ladytable mountainmain buildingjunior suitecompany gardensoystersconcierge deskwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2011

There is nothing negative that I can say about this hotel. The surroundings are magnificent, the hotel truly beautiful and never in my life have we been treated better by the staff who were the height of professionalism, friendliness, helpfulness and courteousness.

You really feel that you are staying somewhere very special and I wish that we were still there!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We stayed for two nights at the end of our holiday, wished it was longer. We were upgraded to a wonderful room with balcony over looking Table Mountain. The staff cannot do enough for you. Everything from afternoon Tea, which we ate twice, to the Planet Bar in the evening. Breakfast on the terrace over looking the pool is lovely. Will definitely be back for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed 29 January 2011

Cape Town’s number 1 hotel if you like the colonial style as we do. A little ran down here and there but that adds to the old feel. Friendly staff. Love the garden and their famous high tea. Where the rooms are very expensive the high tea buffet is only about R150.

Reviewed 27 January 2011

If you're staying in Cape Town, then this is the place to stay. First of all make sure you have time to experience high tea. Tea at Mount Nelson was far above any other place I stayed in South Africa in regard to choices of food and ambience.
The staff is attentive. Though I arrived with only 15 minutes left of high tea, the manager brought my friend and I each a three tier serving dish, so we would be able to gather enough delicacies to eat before they removed the food. He then made sure we found comfortable seating with a view of the gardens, and that we had everything we wanted. We never felt rushed, and enjoyed every morsel. This was important to us, since this was the only day we would have been able to have tea.
Treat yourself to the spa also - it is beautiful and restorative. I wish I had more time to rest in the conservatory with its floor to ceiling windows and view of a private garden. The massage was perfect -I should know I get them about once a month at home. My firend enjoyed it so much, she went back twice!
This hotel has history and elegance, but it is not stuffy. Staff smiled/greeted us as we passed by - this even went for the gardening staff, and they remembered us even though we were only there for three days.
The rooms were very confortable and roomy. We were two friends travelling together for the first time, and we never felt cramped. The room had a sofa, two writing desks, two comfortable beds, and a large beautiful marble bathroom with separate tub and shower. I loved the turn down service too.
I felt this location was very good. Though it is not right at the Victoria and Albert waterfront, it is near enough. At night we were able to walk out of the hotel grounds and eat at local restaurants that our tour director and hotel staff had suggested. It was a very pleasant experience, and we felt safe in this area. Be sure to eat breakfast at the hotel though; the food was great and the view perfect.
Our stay at the Mount Nelson was a wonderful beginning to our tour of South Africia. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank LentenRose
Reviewed 27 January 2011

We just returned from South Africa and stayed at the Mount Nelson for a week.
There is really nothing negative I can say about this hotel.
We have stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels around the world, but especially in terms of service, friendliness and attentiveness the Mount Nelson was really outstanding.
All stuff is really well trained and made our stay very enjoyable.
Of course the room was nice as well, breakfast was good, they really get you everything even if it is not on the buffet. The garden and pool area is also beautiful.
It is a very good and central (and quiet) location to explore Cape Town and its surroundings with a number of good restaurants really close by.