“Great location , Great service !”

The Table Bay Hotel
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Amman
“Great location , Great service !”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

the location of the hotel is just fabulous... you can see the mountain, the port ,and most important the waterfront... Once you enter it , you will feel as if you're entering into Richie Rich's mansion... The rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms are kind of outdated... Breakfast choices are exquisite!I have sent a wonderful time there, and since I have been there for my honeymoon, one night we came back to the room and they have prepared it for us in such a romantic way, with flower petals over the bed, and filled up wam bubble bath with flower petals and a bottle of wine.....

Room Tip: a waterfront view on the upper levels
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here for business for three nights. The positives: Great view of table mountain and the waterfront; good location; nice shopping mall attached; areas to walk and stroll along the water; clean and comfortable rooms; attentive service. The drawbacks: very expensive; a bit stuffy for my taste; restaurant was very elegant, but food was just average.

Overall, I can't really complain about this hotel in terms of service or quality. I guess I just didn't really like the old-fashioned vibe of the place. To me it seemed like it was kind of living in the past and trying too hard to be old world elegance. I will say that the transportation and drivers that we booked through the hotel were excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed at the TB some time back and have been meaning to write a review ever since, especially given that two sets of friends and relatives have been here on my recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, one family extended their initial stay of 4 days to 10! This is a fabulous hotel in an awesome location with staff who are really geared to pay attention to detail. The breakfast room staff provided a curtained-off 'private' area for the family with infant who stayed there recently, and the baby was whisked away so that the parents and older siblings could enjoy their meal in peace.
This hotel is an environment in which your every need seems to be anticipated almost before you voice it. In addition to all the amenities and little touches (Crabtree & Evelyn cosmetics, outstanding wall murals) you'd expect from a 5star deluxe property, it has absolutely the best breakfast selection I have EVER had (and I have travelled extensively on 4 continents) - On a Sunday morning you can spend hours over your meal, dawdling over the papers and watching the ships in the harbour. The staff noted that I asked for rye bread on my first day and on subsequent days I was offered several gluten-free alternatives.The Camelot spa is very good, though not the best I have experienced.
Sadly, have not been able to afford a stay here on recent visits to Cape Town, but have treated myself to high tea as a consolation:)

Room Tip: I seriously doubt there's a bad room in this hotel but ask of harbour and mountain views (yes,in...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 25 October 2011

During my first stay at Table Bay a while back I found the service wanting and I subsequently stayed at other hotels on the Waterfront. This time my company booked me in and I was very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful check-in and excellent service and the view of Table Mountain and the Harbour was priceless. Top marks to reception (wish that I could remember the receptionist's name). Some words of advice for management - and this is the only thing preventing me from giving it top marks -- The service in the breakfast room was often atrocious. The food is top notch but on the first morning I left without coffee despite someone asking if I wanted some and then nothing, not even a waitress in sight. There were only three of us in the breakfast room. The rest of the week was marginally better but I had to witness two ?trainee chefs arguing about time off right in front of me, waitresses chatting loudly in Xhosa and one continuing to shout across the room as she walked away, and my personal favourite - the waitress who put down the stack of dirty plates on top of mine (in front of me) so that she could scoop it up to take away. I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel and would like to suggest that management take immediate action to correct this so that Table Bay can live up to its five-star rating - which it otherwise deserves.

Room Tip: Harbour and mountain facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We'd stayed at the Cape Grace Hotel some years ago and were very pleased with it. We loved the cozy, intimacy and elegance of the Cape Grace and from across the harbor we had thought of the Table Bay Hotel as a bit of a loud resort. Nevertheless, we decided to stay at the Table Bay on this trip and were so pleased we did. While it is huge, it doesn't feel resort-like at all. It felt stately and like the Grand Dame of the Bay. Our rooms had commanding views over the harbor, across the city and up towards Table Mountain. It was enjoyable to sit in the window, sip on Amarula and just watch life on the waterfront -- including the harbors seals. While in Cape Town one of the peole in our party had a health issue (that had nothing to do with the hotel) and the hotel staff (from the restaurant wait staff to the housekeeping personnel to the guest services professionals) were at the absolute top of their game. We couldn't have been more impressed with their desire to meet each and every one of our many needs. We were impressed with this hotel in every way.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay on the harbor side of the hotel so that you have commanding views over the bay, acro...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank twoguyswhotravel
Hollywood
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We had a wonderful stay here while attending a convention in nearby wine-country. The hotel offers breathtaking views of table mountain, and is perfectly situated. It's conveniently attached to an indoor shopping area and an outdoor entertainment area, Victoria and Albert's waterfront. Every evening we wandered out the glass doors to the bay area where all the restaurants are situated and even enjoyed some live entertainment. We headed through the other doors in the lobby into the nearby mall (which had places to get batteries, photos developed, and a market). The hotel offered a breakfast that is worth the money, with a great buffet and the best selection of tropical juices! The concierge is more than helpful and will point you to some of the best beaches. They arranged our cab ride, sent us to an awesome beach, and handed us a pair of beach towels as we left. This was one of my best hotel experiences and was a great jumping off point for our daytrips to wine-country, beaches, cape of good hope, twelve apostles, and of course table mountain.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of table mountain!
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This place has a wonderful view as it's biggest plus. What better way to enjoy Cape Town than to wake up to the majestic Table Mountain behind your rooms curtains. The location is fantastic being centrally located on the V & A waterfront and the breakfasts are a veritable smorgasbord of delicacies. I have been to a few hotels in my time and the Table Bay rates as the finest on this point. The staff were exceptionally friendly and the concierge was only too happy to assist with reservations and recommendations in this remarkable city. The only minus for me was the facilities at the gym were sadly lacking, coupled with this and the breakfast I think I gained three kilos just staying here for a few nights. On balance though I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others on their stay in Cape Town.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with table mountain views. Simply stunning.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple