Have not stayed at the Table Bay but have been going for lunch/dinner almost every year since 2005. This hotel's standards have plummeted. We went for lunch a couple of days ago and thought the food very poor - just pub food standard in a five star hotel!! My chips came out in a little basket but stone cold, and don't get me started on the state of the loos! My husband went to the loo and he came back to say that two urinals were full of - for we want of a better word - pee! The ladies was a little better but in need of some refurbishment. The sink plug in one basin was stuck. This used to be a wonderful addition to Cape Town with great, stylish food and staff in evidence but since it has been taken over by Southern Sun it has gone down hill. The best thing about it is the view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa