We recently spent a long weekend at The Table Bay to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and were thrilled with our experience. The hotel location is arguably one of the best at seaside -and quayside! - in the country, spilling views from its rooms either towards the ocean or the bustling Waterfront and working harbour. and unmistakably, the grandeur of the colossus of Table Mountain itself.
As it happened, the Hotel upgraded us to a superior deluxe room, a corner room which superbly boasted views to all of the ocean, harbour and mountain - quite magnificent from the sixth floor. We were generously spoiled given the occasion, amongst others with a complimentary bottle of bubbly and very special roses petals display in bedroom and bathroom - adding to the romantic ambience of our stay.
Service was sharp, generally, and a faulty kettle in our room, for instance, was tended to within 10 minutes. Although we experienced minor hiccup at check-in, this was skillfully and swiftly sorted. The breakfast buffet display is phenomenal and offered in the elegant surroundings, live piano music inclusive, of the Atlantic Grill, inside, or outside overlooking Cape Town's most famous berg landmark. We were however referred to the lounge seating on the first morning, because of an overfull inside restaurant, with much lesser offerings. We had not been told that we could help ourselves to the grand buffet inside, but it was enjoyable altogether.
We enjoyed dinner at the same restaurant on the second night and it was thoroughly fine dining at 5 star service.
Hats off too for our chauffeur limousine service from the airport after an exclusive hotel meet-and-greet representative at the airport. A special accolade too to the concierge who arranged a complimentary limousine transfer to and from our first night-out dinner appointment.
Although we have known the Table Bay since inception, and been inside and around it many times before, its location adjacent to the very stylish V&A Waterfront shopping mall and its efforts to make us really feel like valued guests, made this first stay experience a most memorable one. A worthy Capetonian Leading Hotel of the World!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa