I had a mixed bag of poitives and negatives about this hotel. Having stayed at international five star hotels, I have to sadly admit that the TBH has a long way to go before reaching the pinnacle. Postives? Location, location, location. Negatives? Three star service. For example, water accumulation in shower, inconsistent restocking of bar fridge, inconsistent supply of room amenities, casual and noisy waiters at breakfast, underwhelming pool area, old and loud lift doors, stony-faced reception, outdated lighting technology (example, no energy saving switches and light switches are simply too far to enable easy switching on/off at night).
I feel these are things that can be improved and hopefully next time I will notice a difference. The hotel has the potential to be the best hotel in CT. They only need to work on the inconsistencies. For example, some of the waiters go out of their way to make you feel welcome whilst others seem to be on holiday. There is no doubt that my stay was probably influenced by the fact that I stayed during a seriously busy period and perhaps resources were stretched. But this should not be an excuse for a five star hotel charging five star prices.
Don't get me wrong there are some very nice things about this hotel. Its spacious, comfortable, scenic and strategically located. And like I said some of the staff members know how to make you feel welcome. I so wish I could give it a better rating but I think that would not be fair on both the hotel and anyone reading this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa