Hotel can be a bit overwhelming at first as it is huge with a vast entrance hall. Lots of staff about. Stayed in room 527 overlooking the sea with a view of Robben Island. The room was very spacious with all facilities. Walk in shower was nice as were the large fluffy towels. A/C was easy to operate. We had a fridge with complimentary water. Each evening the maid would visit us asking if we needed anything like extra coffee,tea,water etc. Also gave us a few fudge sweets!
Used the housekeeping service for our laundry - very efficient but quite expensive. Also requested an iron and ironing board which was delivered instantly.
I enjoyed the large TV especially as I was able to watch live Premiership football (how sad!)
You need your room card to operate the lifts which are guarded by hotel staff. Escalator will take you up to the huge shopping centre directly from the hotel. Try and remember the way back as there are many exits and entrances.
If you go out of the back of the hotel you are directly on the Waterfront and in reach of many restaurants.
For breakfast we avoided the huge room to the left and went into the smaller one on the right. This was known as the continental breakfast room. However you could have a full English breakfast as the staff will bring you anything you wish and it is much quieter than the other restaurant. I was shown round the bigger breakfast room by our waiter. The choice here was amazing with its own juice bar and a separate waffle and pancake bar. However infinite choice is not always a good thing and we were happy with our little breakfast area for the rest of our stay.
Afternoon tea is served in the lounge area of the foyer.
The staff in the hotel were excellent and the bar area was just right for a nightcap.
I can highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Table Bay offers the ultimate in 5-star luxury hotel accommodation in Cape Town. One of the Leading Hotels of the World, this sophisticated Sun International property was opened in May 1997 by iconic former South African president, Nelson Mandela. As part of the Sunlux Collection, The Table Bay continues to set its own standards in international service, cuisine and luxury. Situated on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel is perfectly positioned against the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean and provides easy access to the top places to visit in Cape Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS and Holiday Gems so you can book your The Table Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Table Bay Cape Town
- Table Bay Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel Table Bay
- The Table Bay Hotel Cape Town, South Africa