“Perfect location”

Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family (kids 9&11 and husband) and I recently stayed at the Table Bay Hotel for 5 nights. We had an incredible time. Not only was the room comfortable and spacious, but the location of the hotel was incredible; we were close to many great restaurants, shopping (there is even a passage to the V & A shopping center), and attractions (walking distance to the aquarium). Even though this is a big hotel, the attention was very personalized (the staff knows your name). The staff is friendly and tries to help in any way possible. I was also very pleased when we found a note from the cleaning staff explaining that they had found some money behind the curtain.
My children's favorite part was the breakfast. It was the ideal beginning for every day and because of the great variety of food, everyone ends up happy. We also had high tea on one of the afternoons; and although we had not made reservations, they were able to accommodate us.
I can honestly say that next time we go to Cape Town, we will also stay here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor facing the ocean. It was a beautiful, quiet room with a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank loreq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was fantastic, with a great view of the table mountain and the waterfront. The hotel is right on the waterfront and so close to every activity you want to do while in Capetown. There is a pathway in the back which takes you right to the ocean if you want to get away from the hustle of the waterfront. The concierge was extremely nice and helpful, and quickly arranged for an alternate trip for me when my whale watching tour was cancelled due to weather. Housekeeping is quite exceptional as well. The breakfast is one of the largest and best that I have ever experienced. I got a complimentary high tea invitation for staying for 5 nights, and that was a very pleasing experience with delicious three-course snacks and great tea choices. In conclusion, definitely one of my best experiences ever.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank saswatibiswas
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We spent four nights at the hotel and loved every minute. We were with a group from New Zealand and everything has been first class, from the minstrel band welcoming us to the amazing breakfasts, and great cleaning services in our room. Every night we come home and our room has been refreshed, our bed turned down, slippers beside bed and a bottle of water and nougat sweets for us. Just love it. Beautiful entry area too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town (May 19 - 23, 2014), where, unfortunately, I was savaged by bed bugs. Naturally, I reported the attack to management who apologized and then assured us that the room would be thoroughly cleaned and the mattress changed. However, all that happened was that the mattress was changed. I was able to write the word 'D U S T' in the dust! The net curtains in the room rarely get washed and to cap it all, there was a dirty pair of men's underpants in our laundry bin. There was no offer to compensate our stay even for just one night. It is now more than two weeks since the assault on my legs, and the bites are still grossly evident. The management did offer a 'competitive rate' for any future stay - highly unlikely!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
22 Thank Tim H
TableBayHotel, General Manager at The Table Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor, we value all feedback we receive from our guests and take these issues seriously. The hotel undergoes fumigation on a regular basis to ensure the comfort of our guests, we have not to-date experienced problems in this area before.
This issue has been discussed with our Housekeeping Department and the fumigation company going forward.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for a week and loved every moment of it. The rooms were amazing, the location was fantastic and the staff were wonderful. The attention to detail with the petals in the rooms at the turn down service topped it off. I'm not a breakfast person but the breakfast buffet is the best I have ever seen. If you can imagine it, they have it! Watching the seals in the harbour from my room was a highlight of the trip. Opening the surtains and seeing the view of Table Mountain on the first morning was extraordinary! I had arrived at night so this was even more breathtaking as I wasn't expecting it to be so great. They also had international power points in the rooms so you didn't need to use adaptors.

The only downside was that I checked back in for one night before flying out (we had left to go on Safari) and the service the second time I stayed there was appalling. The maid kept knocking on my door and trying to let herself in while I was still asleep in the morning and then when I popped downstairs for breakfast before checking out, I put the do not disturb sign on my door but when I got back I caught her in my room. She had thrown out some of my toiletries, drinks, medicines, product samples that I had collected to bring home. It was a severe downer after my impressions of this hotel had been so spectacular.

If I didn't have the final night of my time in South Africa here, I would have said this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is one of the few places that didn't over advertise.

The location is ideal for vacation not so good for business.

1. arrival - warm towel at reception - painless and fast.

2. room - mine was a regular King, faced the Bay with a lovely balcony that I had breakfast on. Although the room and the bathroom (marble tops), pretty fixtures, is aging, it is well maintained so the grout isn't moldy and the rugs look clean. Mini bar and complimentary coffee tea. What I like is the mini Nesspresso machine also the UHT milk cartons with real milk.

Even though my room was over the drive way, noise was non-existent.

House keeping staff well trained. No noise while they were cleaning in the other rooms. No rude banging on the door to kick you out.

Bed was comfortable, pillows foam. Bathrobe actually soft and slippers standard - for a woman you're not swimming stiffly around. What could do with updating is entertainment. TV monitor very small - but if you're here you'll be spending little time in front of the tube. Outlets for international plugs all there.

4. Breakfast in 2 places (besides your room 3). They have a full buffet breakfast great spread and continental buffet in the lobby. Both done nicely.

5. Hotel has a direct connection to a first rate shopping mall with all the usual high end designer stores. Convenient.

I hate to check out as it's been incredibly enjoyable.

ps - I came here for business and felt I took a mini break.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Bay gets a lovely morning sun. Balconies are perfect for breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank samantha p
Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My room hadf an unipeded view of table mountain - spectacular, the hotel was nicely finished in a great location close ot shopping and great dining options. The room was spacious and very stylish. would definately stay there again when next in Cape Town. Breakfast was also sensational.

Room Tip: get a room that faces the harbour and table mountain, the sea vew is okay but not as good as waking...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AM502014
Thank you for your review. We have recently upgraded our breakfast room and look forward to welcoming you back to experience the new offering!