The Cape Milner is a fine hotel and adequate in most respects. It's in a nice and quiet location with the ability to walk to most interesting parts of the city. I found the staff to be very courteous but a little inflexible with special requests. The restaurant had a nice but pretty basic breakfast buffet included with the room.
I found the room to be a bit dated and it had some annoying features. There was no clock in the room. The TV seemed very small when trying to watch from the bed. The shower (at least in room 203) leaked terribly on to the floor so after every shower there was a slipper flood in the bathroom that lasted until the room was cleaned. The rooms themselves were kind of stark feeling without any real decor.
The hotel had a small but adequate gym. The pool was also small. There was a beautiful view of Table Mountain from the pool. I was there for a three day business conference and the meeting rooms at the hotel were fine.
As a place to sleep while in Cape Town on business, I would have no problem recommending the Cape Milner. However, if I were in CT on holiday with my wife for family, this would not be the choice. I would probably choose one if the more boutique hotels by the water or one of the larger hotels in the city. There was just very little to do at the Cape Milner and the pool was too small to hang around at for the afternoon.
If the management of the hotel would out a little effort into making the rooms more comfortable and less dated, I think this hotel would take a huge leap forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cradled beneath the majestic Table Mountain in Cape Town's trendy suburb of Tamboerskloof lies the Cape Milner. Extensively refurbished, this exquisite hotel offers a sophisticated and contemporary ambience with the highest standards in style and luxury. All rooms have air-conditioning, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities, television (selected satellite programs), direct dial telephones, mini bar fridge - stocked on request only, safes and hairdryers. Children 0-11 years stay complimentary - room only - when sharing with a minimum of one full paying adult. A maximum of one child can be accommodated with two parents in a Luxury room only. Cots are available on request. The Hotel is ideally situated from which to explore the centre of Cape Town and is a 5 minute walk to an array of restaurants and entertainment. Transfers from the airport can be arranged upon request and charged to your account. Complimentary shuttle within an 8km radius of the Hotel on request includes the V&A Waterfront, Table Mountain, Cape Town CBD and a large amount of local attractions including museums and places of interest. Shuttle available during week days only from 08h00 and 17h00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cape Milner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Milner Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Milner
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Milner Cape Town, South Africa