“Not where I would choose if on Holiday”
Review of Cape Milner

Cape Milner
Ranked #29 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The Cape Milner is a fine hotel and adequate in most respects. It's in a nice and quiet location with the ability to walk to most interesting parts of the city. I found the staff to be very courteous but a little inflexible with special requests. The restaurant had a nice but pretty basic breakfast buffet included with the room.

I found the room to be a bit dated and it had some annoying features. There was no clock in the room. The TV seemed very small when trying to watch from the bed. The shower (at least in room 203) leaked terribly on to the floor so after every shower there was a slipper flood in the bathroom that lasted until the room was cleaned. The rooms themselves were kind of stark feeling without any real decor.

The hotel had a small but adequate gym. The pool was also small. There was a beautiful view of Table Mountain from the pool. I was there for a three day business conference and the meeting rooms at the hotel were fine.

As a place to sleep while in Cape Town on business, I would have no problem recommending the Cape Milner. However, if I were in CT on holiday with my wife for family, this would not be the choice. I would probably choose one if the more boutique hotels by the water or one of the larger hotels in the city. There was just very little to do at the Cape Milner and the pool was too small to hang around at for the afternoon.

If the management of the hotel would out a little effort into making the rooms more comfortable and less dated, I think this hotel would take a huge leap forward.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mbloch

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Excellent service, lovely food and groovy decor made this a good choice.It's about 15mins drive (£5) taxi ride to the waterfront but a good spot for a business hotel.It has a real old world charm exterior but the decor inside is modern and stylish. Rooms have all the amenities you would expect from a higher grade hotel . The pool was tiny and the bed so hard I had to sleep on my pillows otherwise I would have given it a 5 considering what good value it was .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel has excellent views of Lion's Head and Table Mountain. Rooms are spacious with spacious bathrooms. The hotel has a very modern feel although you can still see that this used to be an old style building that has been renovated. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant can also cater to your needs if the menu doesn't have what you want. Overall an excellent stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Leeanne d, Manager at Cape Milner, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello Rishen

I’m happy you enjoyed the hotel and the flexibility and friendliness of our staff. We look forward to your return.

The Cape Milner Hotel

Reviewed 15 November 2013

6 of us stayed here last week when we flew into Cape Town for a few days. I booked without paying too much attention to reviews but my wife drew my attention to a couple of negative reviews on Trip Advisor relating to people being robbed etc.
I have to say that, although this did worry me a little there really is no reason for concern. The Cape Milner is a very well presented, comfortable, clean and affordable hotel in Cape Town. The rooms are nice, beds comfortable, food and drinks are great and well priced and, best of all the staff are excellent. There was not one person who worked there that would not go out of their way to help with any requests. Difficult to fault and thanks for a great stay. Top of the list for our next visit.

Room Tip: We were happy with the room we had. It was opposite the lift and so we did hear people now and again...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Markupton
Leeanne d, Manager at Cape Milner, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Good Afternoon and thank you so much for posting this awesome feedback. I’m really glad your party enjoyed their stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back on your return!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

A very welcoming Hotel,ideally situated in the heart of Cape Town. The reception staff, especially Leslie, and Mandla in the bar,were great and nothing was too much trouble. I can continue with accolades but its easier to try it yourself. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HDD_9

Hello and thank you! We really appreciate this positive feedback, it inspires and motivates us to improve and continue to exceed expectations.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I discovered this gem in the beautiful City of Cape Town all thanks to my work. Myself and my boyfriend was welcomed with friendliness and professional service at the front desk. We waited at the bar and got a iced cold beer served in seconds! A great vibe at the swimming pool, with table mounting hugging the hotel. The room was gorgeous with table mountain as my view! Delicious Dinner & Breakfast! I would def stay there every night if I could!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect! my favorite being the ones on the side of the mountain!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Home away from Home, I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and the friendly service we strive to offer. Please come back soon....

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We spent several days here - our balcony looked out onto Table Mountain and we watched her in all her different colours. The location was away from the typical tourist areas but we could easily walk to Long Street, the Fort, the gardens, markets etc plus small eateries. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast set us up nicely for days of walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room looking up to Table Mountain. While there is a courtesy bus to the V&A ar...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hello Pam, your feedback is truly appreciated. We are very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and our friendly service.