My significant other and I just spent 11 nights at Parker Cottage while on holiday in Cape Town. This is the first time that we have stayed at a B&B instead of a hotel and now we are wondering what took us so long to make the switch.
Parker Cottage was the ideal home away from home. The location was absolutely perfect; well within walking distance to pretty much everything in the city bowl. The breakfast was superb and filled us up enough so that we could save some money and go without lunch or just have a small mid-day snack. Our room was well appointed and the bed was amazingly comfortable.
The best part about Parker Cottage though was the staff. Phil and Liz were on vacation so we did not get to meet them, but Lexi and Di were terrific. They made all of our bookings for us, bought tour tickets, offered advice on restaurants and local sights, and, most importantly, they were always available to have a friendly chat. They made us feel like we were just another part of the family. After getting to know everyone at Parker it was sad to say goodbye and head back home. Luckily though, we hope to go back. Our experience was so memorable that we can't wait to return in the future.
One of our top recommendations would be to take a day trip with Chris. We booked a Peninsula tour with him and we both agreed that it was the highlight of our trip. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and super accommodating. When he learned how interested in wildlife we were he started tailoring the trip toward those types of activities. He even took us off the beaten path so we could experience a snake rehabilitation center that the locals visit (thank you so much Chris!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa