Phil and Liz could not have been more welcoming, and helpful. I got an upgrade room, which was extremely comfortable. The breakfast, particularly the daily "special" was fantastic, and the company at breakfast congenial. For me it was an ideal location, as I needed to be near the central Cape Town art museums and libraries. Phil recommended a taxi service, and I was able to get in and out of town very quickly indeed. Tamboerskloof is a delightful suburb of Cape Town, that I had not known well until this visit. There was a small restaurant a short walk away from Parker Cottage, on the evening I needed a simple meal. There was also parking on the street, with good security, for my hire car the one night I needed this. So Parker Cottage is absolutely recommended for anyone wanting a central Cape Town location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa