“Fantastic service”

Parker Cottage
Brewood, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The service from Phil and his staff was simply superb and made our stay in Cape Town even more enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble in offering advice or booking tickets or anything else for that matter. Very very highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diysteve345

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Nice rooms, very yummy and unique breakfasts, good service and a beautiful garden, ideal for early morning breakfast! This is a place where they don't mind going the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable! The rates are very reasonable. We would warmly recommend Parker Cottage.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M A
ParkerCottage, Owner at Parker Cottage, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
So glad that you found our rates reasonable! It's always a challenge to offer a five course breakfast and five star service at B&B rates, but we manage :-). Thanks so much for letting us and other travelers know!
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

When I arrived at Parker cottage, I had already been away from home three weeks, aftermy first international flight and my first holiday travelling alone. My son is working on St Helena and ,aged 82, I travelled 1500 miles to see my grandchildren. After five days on the mailboat cruising from CapeTown, eight days on the Island with the family, and six days coming back to CapeTown with a force six gale all the way......I was exhausted. Phil and Lexi took good care of me, and helped me to make the most of my short stay at Parker Cottage. The highlight of the whole trip was a wonderful day out in the Cape area, with Phil's friend Chris and his comfortable car. It ,was an outing planned just for me, to enjoy the wonderful scenery and the wild life, and Chris is was a thoughtful and interesting companion. The next day , with a lot of help from Phil, I visited Table Mountain and the Waterfront, and some other places.....but I needed a lot of encouragement as I was too nervous to venture far alone. Parker cottage proved perfect for me because besides being a beautiful old house, well run and welcoming, I received the care which enabled me to really enjoy my short stay in CapeTown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Audrey D
Audrey, we're so pleased that we managed to turn your initial apprehension about your stay in Cape Town into a marvellous experience. You were very brave to come all the way here on your own, and by boat to boot! We also think Chris is the consumate gentleman: nothing is too much trouble for him and he's been our guide and driver since we opened five years ago.

We're also delighted that you did manage to get out and see so much of Cape Town and it was a pleasure to assist you. We work very closely with a superb taxi company called Royale Cabs who take such good care of our guests, it's as good as driving them around ourselves.

It would be an honour to see you here again: really hope you can make it your safari in Port Elizabeth next year.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at Parker Cottage for 6 days, and could not have enjoyed it more! The house was lovely, the staff friendly and accommodating, and Phil is the host extraordinaire! It was hard to pull ourselves away to return home. If there was a 10-star rating, Parker Cottage would get it from us!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deidre B
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our first trip to S/Africa and we could not have been luckier than to pick Parker Cottage for the holiday part of our journey. We would definitely stay at Parker again and will/have recommended it to our friends. The experience was really terrific - Phil and all his staff provide excellent personalised service and their contracted driver and tour guide, Chris, is just great. The location is excellent in a quieter neighbourhood - close to Table Mountain and easy walks to all the Capetown points of interest. Breakfasts top notch - don't need lunch!! - and the weekly wine tasting on the verandah a delight and very conducive to making new international friends. Rooms are very well presented - we even had the original Parker bath in our en suite. When asked on leaving if there was any suggestion re improvements, we had nothing to say. One of our best ever holiday experiences. Keep doing what you do.

Adrian & Judith, Brisbane, Australia

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I spent a lovely vacation weekend at Parker Cottage in the fall of 2010. Prior to arriving in Cape Town, my colleagues and I had spent a week in Johannesburg running conference. This was our first trip to South Africa, and were excited to have a few days off to decompress before heading back to NYC. We were exhausted when we arrived, and spent the next few days relaxing and recuperating,

Parker Cottage itself is beautiful. The rooms are charming and impeccably clean, and the common areas are the same. The food is delicious and plentiful, and the small touches made the stay very special. Our flight arrived very late, so Phil called me on my cell when I landed and offered to have food waiting for us when we arrived. They helped arrange a walking tour with a private guide on a Sunday (usually the guide's day off), recommended great restaurants, and allowed me to curl up for hours on their sunny front porch. Just what I needed after a crazy week of work.

Upon my recommendation, one of my work colleagues spent time at Parker Cottage last year, and loved it just as much as I did. And I just recommended it to another friend, who is heading to Cape Town in December. I hope to return again some day myself!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
ParkerCottage, Owner at Parker Cottage, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thanks Betty for such a warm review: and from 2010 too! It's particularly pleasant to know that you found us suited to a business (or rather post business) trip. We have tried to make Parker Cottage into an 'unplugged' kind of environment so although we have free and fast wifi, we try to avoid the trappings of the business hotel to keep the house as 'home' like as possible. It was lovely to know that you curled up on the couch: that's exactly the point!
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were travelling in a noisy party of 10. From the minute we were welcomed onto the beautiful white verandah till the moment we left in busy excitement in our newly rented 4x4s heading for Namibia we were shown nothing but kindness, professionalism, generosity and patience! Breakfasts were fabulous and far more than we could eat (although we did try!), my morning cup of tea was brought to the room on a beautiful white tray and we were served home made peanut butter cookies which have gone down in our household as the best cookies ever!! The decor and soft furnishings were homely yet clever and the staff felt like friends by the end of our stay. Well done.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front and overlooked the water feature in the front yard. Loved the orange curta...