Yes – Parker cottage really is that good. Rarely does one find a place to stay that transcends the simply concepts of hospitality and customer service. The reputation of Parker Cottage is richly deserved and the experience of staying here is if anything, even better than any preconceptions formed by reviews such as this.
From the moment we arrived until the time we departed we were treated like family by a TEAM of very warm, genuine and caring people for which nothing was too much trouble. I have travelled extensively both for business & pleasure and the welcome extended by Phil on our arrival is without question the best that I have ever experienced.
The accommodations are luxuriously appointed throughout and the breakfasts are simply exquisite – all cooked to order and very filling.
Phil and the team are also very helpful in planning excursions, booking restaurants, etc. and this was even before we arrived in South Africa. The amount of pre-stay care and customer service was exemplary.
In relation to planning excursions I would suggest that anyone staying at Parker Cottage and not wishing to drive, should without question consider booking Parker’s resident driver – Chris Hannival – to chauffer you around in his luxury BMW. Chris treated us to 2 very special & memorable days providing context and in-depth local knowledge throughout – plus he’s a top guy and great fun!
All in all our stay at Parker Cottage greatly exceeded ALL possible expectations. It is plainly obvious how much drive, passion and commitment Phil and the team have and the almost obsessive level of detail assigned to your care as they continue to improve and refine the service they provide.
Personally we have fallen in love with South Africa and are already planning to return next year. We had little enough time in Cape Town this time around and as such will most definitely have to visit again. Whilst our itinerary is far from planned the one cast iron certainty is that we will once again, be staying at Parker Cottage and very much look forward to doing so. In a word – perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa