As a South African living abroad, going "home" is always special but our last trip to Cape Town was especially good because of our experience at Parker Cottage.
Prior to booking we were very impressed with their website and the views expressed there and found that the reality far exceeded expectations.
Phil and his staff - we unfortunately didn't get to meet Liz - certainly go the extra mile, and the ethos behind the venture shines through.
They are truly an example of what can be achieved in that magnificent country.
Other reviewers have mentioned the style of the accommodation, the fantastic breakfasts and all the little touches that make Parker Cottage exceptional - and we can only but agree whole heartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa