As many have stated before me, the property is centrally located and gorgeous, which is a great start.
There are in descending order: fantastic rooms, beautiful rooms and cozy rooms - all offered at different price points. Although we were booked into a cosy room (this was all that was available, even with 2 months advance booking - which tells you something about how popular this place is!), it was great.
As you would hope, the rooms are comfortable, and come with everything that you need.
It's in the morning when you realise just how well this team work together to provide you with the best stay possible.
Firstly - The breakfasts are to die for!! So much so, that my wife and I skipped lunch most days and didn't even feel hungry when dinner came around.
Whether it be Phil (the co-owner), or Tomas, or Lexi - nothing is too much trouble; they simply want you to have the best time that you can have whilst in their back yard. For us, this meant booking dinner at Aubergine (a great restaurant, just around the corner) as well as lunch in the wine district, a couple of days later, plus a private 'by appointment only' wine farm visit.
As the title says - this is how you run a B&B - well done on a magnificent team effort!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa