We most definitely landed on our feet when we chose to stay at Parker Cottage for the last week of our 3 week holiday to South Africa. It was everything we hoped for; and more.
We shy away from large faceless 5* international hotels but nevertheless have extremely high standards when it comes to cleanliness, sevice and overall standard of accommodation. Parker Cottage exceeded our expectations.
Situated in a really convenient location for walking into the city centre or driving (or taking cheap taxi rides) to anywhere else you may like to visit (such as Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront, Camps etc Bays), it still manages to retain an unbelievably chilled and relaxed atmosphere. The service was impeccable. Phil, who only took over ownership a few months back, was the perfect host; and nothing was too much trouble. Every request was dealt with with enthusiasm and a smile; and his staff are also truly fabulous. We stayed in room 8 which is spacious and has a lovely bathroom with a free standing bath and hand shower, as well as a separate shower with a great shower head! Managed to peek at several of the other rooms on change over days as well, and they all look lovely. Take our advice and go there. You won't be disappointed. Oh - great breakfasts on the terrace, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa