My husband and I stayed at Parker Cottage at the end of our trip to South Africa in March. Staying there was a highlight of our entire trip. After travelling around the country for a month, we discovered that the best B&B's were the ones that were genuinely interested in us as guests. Phil and his staff at Parker Cottage excelled at this. Phil, the owner, couldn't do enough for us. He even helped us sort out a problem we had with our airline tickets, which took much of his time the day we were leaving. As newly arriving guests , we were given an orientation to the city, and Phil was only too happy to help us plan activities according to our interests. Sharing drinks and snacks on the veranda before supper, was a great opportunity to visit with Phil and the other guests. Although the friendly and welcoming atmosphere was a highlight of our stay at Parker Cottage, the house itself was an added bonus. It is a roomy, inviting place to be, and our air conditioned room was immaculate and comfortable in every way. The bathroom towels were the nicest we had encountered in our month of travelling. Breakfast was delicious, free internet was available at any time, and we were encouraged to make ourselves "at home" in our surroundings.
We highly recommend Parker Cottage, and feel that we arrived as guests, but truly did leave as friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa