The Parker cottage is a charming house and very comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious, varied and beautifully presented on the verandah. Liz, Phil, Robert , Maria are very welcoming, and take pride in the service they provide, with great attention to detail. So there is a beer or a glass of wine on arrival and, twice a week, a few more in the evening with fellow guests, hosted by Liz and Phil. So they are there to deal with any enquiries, to offer advice and help in a very sociable way. My colleague and I were in Cape Town recording for a radio programme and our particular needs (internet, directions, etc.) were appreciated and amply catered for. I'd love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa