My wife and I and our 2 college age daughters stayed for about a week during the World Cup. My wife and I treated ourselves to the ground floor "Fantastic Room" and our daughters stayed upstairs in a twin bedded room. Our bedroom was truly fantastic, roomy, comfortable, and elegantly appointed. Parker Cottage is 2 Victorian houses combined and our bedroom was the one furthest from the current entry hall so it was very quiet.
The owners, Phil and Liz, and their staff, will do all they can to make sure their guests enjoy their stay in Cape Town. The gourmet breakfast we enjoyed each morning was always a good start to the day. Need some advice about activities or how to avoid long lines? Liz has the answer. Need to book a taxi or a restaurant? Robert will do that efficiently. Left your umbrella in the taxi that just dropped you off at the Cottage? Quick thinking Donavan will intercept the taxi and recover your umbrella. We very much appreciated the great service at Parker Cottage.
The ambiance and location of Parker Cottage are pluses. There is a nice covered porch and several gardens with seating to enjoy. The location in the Tamboerskloof neighborhood was a good compromise by being away from the noise and congestion of city center, but close enough to many attractions to walk or take a short cab ride. There are a good number of restaurants and shops within walking distance.
Phil hosted a wine and snacks reception every other evening in the 2 sitting rooms of the cottage. This not only allowed us to wind down after a fun day of sightseeing or shopping, but allowed us to meet some of the other guests and to talk to the owners.
Such thoughtfulness helped make our time in Cape Town truly memorable and entices us to return to South Africa for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Parker Cottage! We’re a little different than the usual hotel or guesthouse experience. Rather than being just a conventional ‘place to sleep’, we offer a very much unplugged, urban retreat right in the creative heart of Cape Town. So although we offer free and fast internet, we don't do minibars, piped music or even reception desks. Think of us like a country house in the middle of the city. We’re the kind of place where you can rediscover the art of conversation, endless breakfasts and total serenity. Parker is a social place too: our legendary free wine evenings occur at least twice a week and there’s no ‘cut off’ time for our gourmet breakfasts either. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Parker Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parker Cottage Hotel Cape Town Central
- Parker Cottage Cape Town, South Africa