The Westin Cape Town
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$518
US$446
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$239
US$231
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$878
  • Breakfast included
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$357
US$249
US$277
US$259
  • Pool
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$169
US$149
Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)
US$221
US$164
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$225
US$168
Agoda.com
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$390
US$349
Orbitz.com
2,380 results
All reviewsexecutive clubconvention centerexecutive floortop floorfree shuttleheavenly bedtable mountainjuice barindoor poolevery half hourheated floorsattending a conferenceguest servicestravel deskbreakfast buffetexcellent hotelshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Since I am not a big fan of corporate chain hotels, I admit I wasn't looking forward to staying at this hotel attached to the convention center where my husband was attending a conference. I was happily surprised. The service couldn't have been better, from the moment we were greeted at check-in. Guest services spent time reviewing my restaurant choices, giving great advice and securing hard-to-get reservations, as well as giving shopping and sightseeing tips and getting tickets online. It's what they're supposed to do, but it all flowed smoothly and with great cheer -- how often does that happen? Every day here!

The rooms are large, fresh, and bright, with a curvy red chaise instead of club chair near the window. The espresso machine should have clearer instructions -- we needed to ask -- but it was great to have it. A soft light beneath each night table was available to ease getting out of bed during the night -- another great touch. The shower was one of the largest I have seen in a hotel, and the bathroom had two sinks and a separate toilet area with frosted glass for privacy.

A huge breakfast buffet caters to an international crowd, with everything from meusli to miso soup.

After we had checked out, the hotel's great service kicked in again as we sat in the lobby nervously waiting for the ride to the airport we had arranged. Seeing our distress, a manager approached, called the service provider on his cell phone to determine the problem, and offered the hotel shuttle as a not-too-expensive alternative.

I would highly recommend the Westin Grand Cape Town!

Room Tip: try to get a view of Table Mountain -- the changing weather is captivating!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
The_Westin_Grand, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear artemesiapaints

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

It was nice to note that our staff exceeded your expectations, they work very hard to make every guest feel special.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

To clarify, this is a 5 star hotels with all the bells and whistles - you pay the price so expect the standard of service. Lovely views, well appointed rooms, excellent breakfast, gym, spa, you name it; so my average is based on it is average for a 5 star hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful.

What makes it not excel in my eyes is that my vegetarian friend had issues there. For example, after being very clear what he can and can not eat, they put bread with what we thoughtwas butter, but it was fishy butter (go figure). He then ordered room service salad and there was fish essence (or something like that) in the salad dressing so he could not eat. So please do double check. I feel that at this level they should be more informed and more sensitive to vegetarians

I did book the week before, but was not told that there would be maintanence to the pool and sauna. They did upgrade me to allow me use of the business lounge when I asked for it, though.

In addition, I sent documents for color printing, did not double check, and it was not done as I had sent it to the wrong email (internally so someone got it). They did not alert me this was the wrong email, nor forward to the correct one.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SlartibarfastLondon

Dear SlartibarfastLondon

Thank you for your positive feedback of the Hotel.

We have reviewed your comments, and on a seperate note have responded to your friends vegetarian issues, for which I apologize.

I am sorry we failed to inform you prior to your arrival of our Spa being closed due to Maintenance work during your time of stay, however we did offer alternative facilities during this time.

We do apologize for the dissapointment on this occasion.

We look forward to having you stay with us when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

The Westin is ideally placed for access to the Cape Town International Convention Centre. If you are attending a conference in Cape Town that is held CTICC, this is the place to stay. The hotel is directly connected to the CTICC. Very convenient to say the least. Staff were very helpful and attentive. There is a regular shuttle bus connecting the Westin with the Victoria and Alfred waterfront which is something not to be missed. Dining options are largely confined to theThirty7 restaurant which is essentially an expanded version a cafe or coffee shop. However, the food itself is first class, this especially applies to breakfast which is first rate. Louis B's Bar is incorporated into Thirty7. Fine dining is available on the 19th floor in the Westin Executive Club. The views from the Executive Club equal the food served. First rate and given the quality of the food reasonably priced. My only negative comment involves the coffee maker. Hard to use and could not find the switch. My only other comment is in regard to the relatively slow internet speeds. This may not be the fault of the hotel or it could be due the fact there something in the region of 1500 conference attendees were attempting to go online more or less at the same time. In summary, we really enjoyed the stay and would probably stay in the Westin the next time we come to Cape Town.

Dear Harold T

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time with us at the Westin Cape Town and hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in August 2012. The hotel is very centrally located and an easy drive to the waterfront - the hotel also provides a shuttle. The rooms are well decorated and everything worked. We stayed on a high floor and had access to the executive floor where we had a lovely breakfast every morning. The concierge service was very good as was the speedy service to get our car redy for us when we needed it.

The only negative I had on this trip was the spa. While advertising 45 minute massages, they tried to get away with much shorter treatments which created an unpleasant atmosphere. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Nu360

Thank you for taking the time and posting your comments with regards to your recent stay with us at the Westin.

It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and also noted your comments with regards to the Spa treatment. I have ensured that these were passed on to the Spa Manager for her perusal and action and to ensure that future guests will not be treated similarly.

We do hope to be able to welcome you again when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

be well

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I would like to thank very much Westin Hotel employees; especially Dear Zara, Robin and Richard. Thousands of miles away from my house, they supported me in finding my lost luggage which was lost in Airlines and providing all kinds of social and psychological support. When I was feeling helpless and alone in a stranger place, I was feel so good with their kindest, benevolent interest.
Further; breakfast incredible with rich buffet, location very good if you are attending a conference at the conference center (it is right across the street), you can easily walk to shopping area for example to Long street very easily, comfortable room and very nice SPA. I attended many nice tours; so, I higly recommend the hotel.

Finally I would like to thank AK (Abdulkerim) for transporting service.

1  Thank meltemozgur

Dear meltemozgur

We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

It was wonderful to hear that Zara, Robn and Richard exceeded your expectations, they work extremely hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.