I was fortunate to stay at the Westin, CPT for unfortunatly on 1 night last week
I was really pressed for time so did not want to arrange to meet for a full sight inspection.
Kim checked me in and was ever so helpfull and such a warm welcome, I was amazed that it was still on record that I had stayed there a while ago ( when still the Arabella) and she welcomed me back to the hotel. I forgot someting in my car and she immediatly arranged to have it brought up to the room.
The room was fantastic with a great view towards the V & A
I had a quick shower and dashed out to meet my collegues, and got back at around 00h30, a warm greeting by the doorman and when walked past the reception desk, was asked if they could send up a cup of tea of coffee - nice touch
I really liked the bathroom floor being heated
I did do some snooping around on my own in the morning. I went up to the 19th Floor ( if i remember correct ) and had a look at the spa and all that up there - very nice with stunning views.
I gatecrashed on the conferencing going on to look around, was some or other IT convention and had a chat to the orginizors there and then gave me a rundown of the conferencing experience they were having.
Breakfast - well just to much food and great quality, anyone who complains about that breakfast has rocks in their head, Sushi for breakfast - Yum!.
Daniel checked me out and was prompt and efficient, I advised of two mainenance issues that needed to be sorted out in the room and he took the details dowm to pass onto the maintenace department.
While i was checking out, my car was brought around so that i did not have to wait.
It was fantastic. All to often 5 star hotels, lack warmth and a pesonal touch, When I did interact with hotel staff I honestly felt like they genuinly care. Very rare thing today.
Thank you One and All. Cant wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa