I have read some reviews in here and everyone that is upset about this hotel or the staff needs to understand where you are. This is South Africa. Home of some of the laziest workers planet earth has to offer. With this said, even with a slow and seemingly uncaring staff, they really are some of the better workers in this country as I know this place very well. And this hotel is easily one of the finest in South Africa. It is 5 star in every way and most of the time the workers are good and caring, or at least as good as they know how. But most people staying in a hotel of this caliber expect a high degree of service. It simply isnt going to happen in South Africa the way it does elsewhere. It is a different world here.
But the hotel has a great lounge, a fantastic breakfast in the lounge or restaurant, a top notch pool and gym, views from every room in every direction, and all the luxuries of home and more. The hotel is located right near the famous Waterfront Mall and shopping area. Clearly one of the finest anywhere with every store one can imagine, and dining that is out of this world. The hotel has a free bus to and from the Mall every 30 minutes. You must see this shopping area. It is worth days of your time here.
Also Capetown has a Hop On, Hop Off Red Touring Bus like London and the other major cities. Takes about 2.5 hours to complete the route and stop #3 is right in front of the Westin Hotel and the cost is only $16. It is a stunning scenic route that you will not forget soon. One of the stops is Table Mountain where for $20 you can ride the tram to the top of the world. If you go to Capetown and don't ride this tram or go to the Waterfront Mall, you simply have not been to Capetown.
You just have to remember that you are in South Africa. Expect lower than standard service for everything and your trip will be as 5 star as this wonderful hotel. I would never stay anywhere else in Capetown and believe me, there are 100's of places to stay. None can compare to Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa