Rooms are excellent, location superb...great food and relaxation in the Executive Lounge. The shuttle service to the V&A is frequent and probably reliable most days...However, in 2 days running, our experience was different and not satisfactory. Leaving from the hotel was on time and reliable.
Day 1 return pick up was missed at 5pm isn. We were there in plenty of time yet the driver didn't arrive. We walked back to the hotel (just inconvenient) to make our dinner timing.
Day 2 return pick up was missed again. This time, there was another couple waiting longer than us and they were equally pressed for an appointment...and annoyed. we shared a cab back to the hotel.
I couldn't understand how the hotel has missed 2 pick ups, so I spoke to one of the 'many' Duty Managers. He listened to my story and then referred me to the 'senior' manager on duty. She also listened and promised to follow up to get an explanation for me. She took my room number, gave me a time to check back and offered me a refund for the cab fare. However, she had another meeting and would come back to me.
Nothing happened after that. When I checked back, she was occupied. the next morning she was starting later in the day. There was no credit on our room charges, and we left the hotel, feeling frustrated that management didn't actually follow up, or close the file really...very disappointing.
It seems as if the managers are keen to have the responsibility/title, however don't really have the skills or motivation to resolve a minor complaint/question. Although listening initially, there was no follow through, knowing we were checking out in the morning.
A good stay in all other aspects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa