Just completed a six night stay at this hotel and was really blown away. I'm SPG Platinum, and booked this stay on points as I really needed some warm weather time and Cape Town appealed. (Because I booked on points, I don't have a good sense of "value"; unsure what the rooms go for on the market.)
When I saw the size of the hotel and that it is attached to the convention centre, I dialled-down my expectations — in North America that would generally mean an average, bland, big brand experience. The Westin Cape Town was anything but.
I had submitted suite upgrade requests, which did not come through. I mentioned this upon check-in, and found myself upgraded to a Westin Executive Club Room on the 12th floor. Gorgeous views of both the port and Table Mountain. A small living room leads onto a large bedroom with an extremely comfortable king bed. Two flat screen TVs; one in each room. The bathroom was really lovely; heated slate tile floors, separate tub and shower, with dual sinks in the main bathroom area, then a smaller, separate WC with a toilet, bidet, and small sink.
The Executive Club on the 19th Floor serves an excellent continental buffet-style breakfast; top notch and with decent bubbly. (An a la carte menu is also available and those items looked great — I had the continental every day and was very happy with that.) The very attentive and very nice wait staff served decent coffee and hovered about to just the right degree.
I can say that the staff at this hotel is really great, no matter where I encountered them or what I asked of them.
Other features that I either liked or sounded good:
- heard good thing about the pool and spa, both located on the top (19th) floor
- there are cruiser style bicycles out front that are available to guests (though Cape Town drivers don't seem that friendly towards cyclists)
- there's a cigar lounge on the mezzanine level that has a very good selection of Habanos at decent prices (I smoked a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2 that was about $19 CDN; about the same as I'd pay in a Toronto shop.)
I fell in love with Cape Town and I'll be going back. When I do, I'll look forward to staying at this hotel again; it's very good (what every chain hotel should aspire to), and the service was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Starwood EMEA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa