We were here for 5 nights on a conference trip and we stayed in a twin bed room with my colleague.
We were totally disappointed with the service quality especially in the restaurant. We had breakfast there every morning, the food was ok with a wide selection, but all the waiters in the hotel restaurant need better training. They spilled the coffee or water a couple of times. Some of the waiters were really rude. When we had breakfast buffet one morning, the waiter took us to the table which was obviously occupied by someone already but she insisted it was empty. So when they brought as coffee and tea (which was obviously ordered by the other guest that we 'took' the table from), we said we didn't order that and the waiter was rude again insisting that was the tea we ordered. And when the waiter tried to take away our plate which was not finished, the waiter just rudely said i shouldn't put the cutlery in this position etc.
On the day we checked in, after we entered the room (for like 5 minutes), a hotel staff just opened the door of our room without even knocked! We were shocked and he said he just wanted to check if everything was ok. This was not acceptable. We didn't know how safe it was in the room so we basically took everything (laptop, passport, money) with us wherever we went without leaving any valuables in the room.
Also one day, the electric fuse was blown so the lamp and kettle etc. were not working. We reported that fault in the morning, but when got back in the evening, it was not fixed yet.
The towel provided was of poor quality with dark spot and weird smell. Slippers were not provided in the room (but to be fair we didn't bother to ask at the reception). I highly recommend anyone who wishes to stay in this hotel to bring your own towel and slippers.
It was indeed a ok hotel if it was a 3 star hotel. But a 5 star hotel with the money we paid for? Totally disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa