Stayed here on a business trip on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor in Executive Club room for almost a week. The location made it easy to cross the walkway to the convention center and also take the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Waterfront. It's also near one of the stops for the city tour bus (hop on and off at your leisure). Even walked to a nearby market during the day.
The rooms here are nice and the breakfast buffet was quite lovely and extensive. The restaurant "37" wasn't as memorable - both my companion and myself decided to dine on the Waterfront rather than return.
Unfortunately what could have very easily been a perfect stay was marred by more than a few negative impressions. While I could forgive these individually - having them occur all during one stay was a bit trying.
* While in meeting ballrooms, multiple colleagues stupidly left phones on the table to take a coffee break only to return and discover them gone (and only hotel staff present).
* During turn down service, our housekeeper tried to "help" by removing items from the room that were NOT in or near a trash can. This has never happened to me - most staff are trained to err on the side of caution to avoid misunderstandings. I brought items in plain boxes/bags for easy of packing and organization but came back to a room with the boxes all gone (ie. velvet jewelry box for cuff links, plain box for cumber-bun storage, etc).
* The alarm clock provided in the room did not even keep correct time by the end of the day it was hours ahead. And then to top it off, the requested wake up call was not provided.
* Hotel gym/spa is nice but the gym is VERY small considering the amount of rooms in the hotel. While I appreciate the beautiful view of the harbor, I'd rather be in a basement if that meant more machines to avoid always having to wait (even during "non-peak" times) and not having to hunt down a staff member to restock the towels.
I realize most guests won't encounter many of these same problems - but as a business hotel these sorts of things shouldn't be a concern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa