The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
New Kings Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
President Hotel(Bantry Bay)
  • Pool
The Amalfi Atlantic Hotel(Cape Town Central)
Sea Point Inn(Cape Town)
Mojo Hotel(Cape Town)
View Hotel
Riviera Suites(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
All reviewssea pointtime sharequeens beachprivate jacuzzisuper luxurythe free shuttle bus servicesleeper couchkm radiusmaster bedroomheated poolbeach roadmain bedroomself cateringguest servicesbantry baysea facingsmall kitchen
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 9 June 2006

My husband and I just got married and came to Cape Town on Honeymoon, being my first experience I did not no what to expect. Peninsula met with all my expectations. I was actually caught between spending more time in the hotel or sight seeing.

Being in a central Cape Town we planned our week with jovial, helpful staff that was ever willing to give us directions and guide us on our tours.

I was sooo disappointed when we really wanted to extend our stay, there were no bookings, i guess everyone wants a piece of the Peninsula pie.

We made good use of the Spa bath, that was excellent, a mini private jacuzzi in the hotel rooms, way to go Peninsula! To all the staff that were present during our stay, a young married couple in Rm 708 thanks you a million. You all incl. the ambience of the Hotel had made my honeymoon a time to treasure in my lifetime forever.

Looking forward to visiting again..........
To all Romantics, I suggest this hotel to you.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 June 2006

We stayed at the Peninsula in May 2006 after being on safari in South Africa. The accomodations were nice but I would not characterize them as superb as others have. We had a two bedroom suite that was generally clean and comfortable but a bit worn.

The hotel has a great view of the water and is located in Sea Point. The hotel shuttle was very nice and we used it daily. Please note that you must book it ahead of time so once you figure out where you want to go, book it!! The shuttle drivers were very nice and considerate.

There is a grocery store right around the corner and a bagel shop a few blocks away. This is a very good Italian restaurant within walking distance of the Peninsula (the name escapes me but it is popular and in many guide books). The restaurant is right on Beach road in the 250 block or so.

Besides one female, the hotel staff was good. The young woman at the desk did not "catch on" to things quickly but the manager was very nice and took things over from her when she was unable to process requests.

The people at the hotel have a tendency to push their restaurant which we did not eat at due to the other reviews of it. Go to Camps Bay or the Waterfront = lots of choices.

We went down to the Waterfront to book our tours from the main tourist locations. Lots to choose from. Would recommend a trip to Cape Point and Cape of Good Hope - beautiful. Took the hotel courtesy shuttle right to Table Mountain - that is definitely one you can do on your own without a tour company.

Overall, this hotel is fine if you get it for a good deal. We used RCI points so it worked out for us. Maybe each unit is very different because I know some people say it was superior but I would not rate it in that fashion. I would say it was very good and in a good location. We did not stay in our room a lot so for our purposes it was very good. It is very spacious as well. We had 4 adults and did not feel cramped.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank ngl
Reviewed 18 April 2006

We chose this hotel for a weekend stay in Cape Town prior to bording a cruise home to the UK. Did a lot of research but eventually chose this one because we were travelling with our two teenage daughters and there was simply no comparison in what was being offered for the price.
We booked a super luxury 2 bedroomed suite which worked out at an unbelievable £80 per night and this included being picked up from Cape Town airport and driven to the hotel.
Our flight arrived early (8 am) and although our room wasn't available at this time, we were given the key to one of the smaller suites so that we could shower and get changed. Our luggage was then stored while we went out sightseeing. The welcome was friendly and professioal.
The location of the hotel is very good, a quiet area of the seafront about 10 minutes from the heart of downtown. It felt very safe. All the rooms face directly out onto the bay and the views are wonderful. The hotel has a swimming pool, a very nice restaurant and lounges, all very stylish and modern. To say we were knocked out by our suite would be the understatement of the year!
It consisted of one large kingsize bedded room, one large twin bedded room, both with their own bathrooms. All the furnishings were immaculate and very stylish. The bathrooms were particularly good, big showers and one of them had a huge bathtub too. In addition, there was a very large lounge with a kitchenette,fully equipped. There was a sofa bed in the lounge if you needed more space. The living room lead directly onto a very large private balcony which faced directly out to sea - a million dollar view if ever I've seen one.
But the really amazing thing was that there was a spiral stairway leading up from the balcony that lead to your own private roof terrace - totally private - that had a hot tub/jacuzzi spa. What a fantastic thing - to lie in hot bubbles looking at the southern stars and listening to the crash of the surf below.!
Everything was extremely comfortable and of high standard. The free shuttle bus is available to take you almost anywhere in the Cape Town area and pick you up again and the staff will do anything for you.

We would definitely come back to this hotel and would heartily recommend it to you especially if you are travelling in a group, or just like a bit more space than a traditional hotel room. There are suites of different sizes. The one we used as a day room was more like a studio, with a king sized bed in the lounge area, a kitchenette, bathroom and sea facing patio.

I really can't fault the place.

• Stayed: March 2006
10  Thank alliebdive
A TripAdvisor Member
Cheltenham Gloucestershire
Reviewed 18 April 2006

During our holiday we spent 9 nights during March for £60.00 a night (internet rate direct with hotel) including full breakfast.
The suite although in the older part of the hotel was very clean, a good size with 2 bathrooms and a small balcony overlooking the sea
The staff especially at the concierge and resturants were very attentive, helpful and friendly.
Meeting the manager Chris at his reception on the Monday evening was a good idea to pass on any comments.
Looking forward to visiting again in 2007
Overall exceptionally good value at a very welcoming hotel-highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 April 2006

This is a story of two parts. Our first stay at the Pensinsula in Seapoint was great. I booked a Super Luxury suite for three nights for the amazing price of £75 (approx) over the internet. The welcome at the hotel was fantastic and they couldn't do enough for us when we arrived. We were even invited to have a drink with the Manager the following night (we didn't).

To say I was gobsmacked at the suite would be putting it mildly - it was absolutely fabulous. It was HUGE, with two bed rooms (one with super kingsize bed and the other with two singles, as well as a sofa bed in the sitting room), enormous bathroom (with jacuzzi and shower) plus another bathroom (shower and toilet), long corridor, fully fitted kitchen, comfortable sitting room and a balcony with great views. Everything is done very tastefully. ALL FOR £75 A NIGHT!

The only minuses on this occasion was that the beds are rather hard, but that is pretty well the norm for hotels (haven't they heard that hard beds are no longer considered good for your back?)and the metal louvres which open onto the corridor so you can hear (and be heard) everything that's going on outside.

Well we enjoyed staying at the hotel so much that we decided to stay again for two nights on our way back. Unfortunately the super luxury room wasn't available but we did manage to get another "suite" for £85. All I can say is "what a disappointment". The fabulous welcome we had enjoyed before was not there, in spite of the fact we paid more this time, and no invitation for a drink with the manager (maybe this is only for Super Luxury guests!). We arrived too early and the room wasn't ready yet, but the receptionis didn't bother to tell me. I was left kicking my heels until I asked. The room was pretty average though quite well decorated, but by no means was it a "suite". All the nice touches we'd had in the previous suite was gone. Gone was the lovely balcony - just a patio, shared by other guests and no privacy (and those awful metal louvres onto the corridor again, worse this time because we were on the same floor as the gym and the louvres were in the bathroom!!!).

I have a little advice to the Manager of the Peninsula Hotel. Treat all your guests the same. We were not poor hicks who couldn't afford a bigger room. We would have had one had it been available AND WE PAID MORE FOR OUR ROOM THE SECOND TIME!! Tell your receptionists the same thing. Also, get rid of those awful louvres and replace them with secure windows.

7  Thank fionamg