“I love staying here”

Ranked #74 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
LONEHILL, South africa
“I love staying here”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Every month I come down to Cape Town and this is the hotel I stay at. I love it. The staff are friendly and the GM Cindi is an added bonus who takes care of her customers. I have stayed in the different rooms and each one is really comfortable and well appointed. The gems are the loft rooms. All I can say about these rooms if you can afford it and want to treat yourself this is a must. These rooms are simply superb with finishes that are incredible. You can do your own self catering here. This breakfast here is good. There is a top notch restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is situated not very far from the Water Front.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

What can I say?
I was expecting some type if mid level motel experience and this place totally floored us!
The suite was located on the 5th floor and was in the corner; this gave an almost 240 degree view from area 6, table mountain, lion's head to the Malay quarter.
The staff were fantastic, helpful, courteous and were eager and attentive.
u would stay no where else on my next visit to Capetown

• Stayed June 2013
Knysna, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Firstly I was very impressed with the price I got by calling the hotel direct and checking prices and specials. This was better than most online sites, so something to keep in mind in the future. As always, staff were courteous and the check in was efficient. Room was very spacious and clean. Location is also good in that there are various eateries within walking distance and for me access to most highways is essential and this box was also ticked. Will be back as per usual when in Cape Town again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
East London, South Africa
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My colleques and I stayed for at the Hotel for a conference. The attitude of the front desk was appalling to say the lest. The hotel is geared towards the smoking sector wherein the " bar" known as the cigar lounge is a no go area for the non smoker. The parking facilities are cramped and much to be desired. This Hotel scores poorly on my review card.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BranerryZA

Travellers are raving about these Cape Town Central hotels

Johannesburg
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location if you are a tourist wanting to do Long Street, Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront and is on the main route to the beaches on the other side of the mountain. Although the decor and general look and feel of the hotel did not tickle my fancy, its ok. The bed was super comfortable and the room had everything one needs when traveling for one night for business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our company, a UK based oil and gas services company, booked the penthouse suite at Cape Town Lodge with the intention of conducting a number of informal business meetings whilst our directors were in Cape Town.

We arranged a room viewing to ensure the accommodation was suitable and were very clear of our requirements with the hotel staff.

When making our booking we requested if the hotel could supply some additional glasses in the room and were told that they would not do this. Having booked hotel suites all over the world for business purposes we thought this denial of service a bit odd, but it really didn't think it would cause any problems.

A few days later, we were contacted by hotel management who questioned why we would not be taking their conference venue. We told them that this would not be necessary and emphasised that the WHOLE POINT of taking the suite was so we could have informal business discussions.

We were then told "Kindly note multiple people will not be allowed in the Penthouse Suite, this should only be for your private stay". They went on to say "we do not allow any meetings in our Hotel rooms". They then went on to push their conference venue, we declined.

We cancelled our booking and found another, more business friendly, hotel.

A few days after cancelling, they debited my credit card. I have yet to receive a refund or an explanation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Family_travels_7
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was stayed at the Cape Town Lodge for 5 days. During my stay i had to rearrange my schedule so many times do to the weather and the staff was more than helpful to contact and help arrange more activities for me when i was on my stay. One of the best things i did was go with the company driver and just take a full day trip around the surrounding areas with a very knowledgeable driver who took me anywhere i wanted to go and more. I have recommended and will continue to recommend the Cape Town Lodge to anyone i know.

Thank you for the great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo