From start to finish an excellent base for exploring Cape Town and the Cape. Due to the timing of our flight we arrived 6 hours before normal check-in (2pm) - but no problem, they asked us to sit by the pool for half an hour and then we were installed by 8:30 am all set for the day.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Very good location, quiet (at least on our side facing the mountains, you might get a bit of traffic noise in rooms facing the sea) except for Monday morning which is obviously bins day so there's a bit of noise then but nothing major. Two or three decent eateries in easy walking distance and safe after dark to walk back - we would include the Radisson on that too.
V&A waterfront an easy 15 minute walk along the front - loads to go at there - try the 400g kebab at Karibu - see if you can finish it!! We walked out and taxied back from there for the princely sum of R50 (three quid to you mate!). There's a massive 'Pick & Pay' (like Tesco) there for getting essentials like milk, fruit, wine etc
Meals for two including wine and sparkling water (you will get thirsty) typically about R650 (£40).
Hop On Hop Off bus is a treat - easily the best way to get to the cable car for table mountain without a car.
We walked all the way into Cape Town itself in about 30 minutes - take water as you will get warm and thirsty. OK to explore and easily done on foot - two or three slightly unpleasant encounters with beggars but no big deal.
Hired a car for part of the time - driving around the town and the cape was very easy, sticking to the main routes. You will inevitably encounter/pass through parts of townships but again although a bit unnerving we had no problems. Fuel is ridiculously cheap about 80p a litre for unleaded - just remember to tip the chaps R4 or 5 for doing the necessary - contrary to what we read credit cards are usually accepted for fuel.
Indeed credit cards usually accepted everywhere - in restaurants they will bring pin terminal to you or ask you to go to the till.
Only downside was we couldn't get a late check-out as they were very busy - if I did it again I'd book the extra day - in the event it was fine to leave our luggage at the office and go walkabout and have lunch until it wa time to go the airport.
Airport transfer we used ordinary taxis both ways (look for touchdown taxis on arrival - ignore the other touts) and the hotel will call taxi for return. R300 to 350 inc tip (about £20)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mouille Point Village is ideally situated close to the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, the historic Mouille Point Light House in Cape Town and is within walking distance of the Cape Town Stadium and Green Point Park. Mouille Point Village boasts serviced apartments, perfectly located with the ocean on your doorstep. Guests staying at Mouille Point Village feel a sense of community and the freedom to engage with the atmosphere of one of the most beautiful regions in the world. The famous Mouille Point promenade, opposite the apartments, stretches through to Bantry Bay, allowing for long scenic strolls, jogging, and rollerblading alongside the ocean. The beachfront area is also complimented by trendy coffee shops, café’s and delicatessen’s, offering sweeping views and designer dining spots. From sunbathing on the beach to kayaking or enjoying a gourmet coffee after a brisk morning walk, Mouille Point Village has something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mouille Point Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mouille Point Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- Mouille Point Village Cape Town, South Africa