“Internet is poor and they charge extra for a faulty system”

Mouille Point Village
Miami, Florida
“Internet is poor and they charge extra for a faulty system”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was annoying that the property has changed their internet policy and guests are expected to pay. They operate a voucher system and I could not get it to work as the system refused to accept my card as it was not a South African credit card. I had a late arrival at the accommodation due to a flight delay, and the manager acted as it was an inconvenience and handed me the key and said you know you way to your room. I was appalled as I have stayed there many time and it was not the welcome that I was expecting. The kettle also did not work in the room and the apartment was not very clean when I arrived. Overall, service has deteriorated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank richard g
MouillePoint, General Manager at Mouille Point Village, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Richard G,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I hope you enjoyed your stay in Cape Town and with us.

Please accept my apologies for your experience on arrival and that you feel the over all experience has deteriorated. We are spending a lot of time and effort on staff training at the moment and I believe this is showing now with positive guest experiences. Apologies also for your kettle not working, there is no excuse for this.

Regarding the internet, this is an issue for us at Mouille Point Village. We are looking into solutions of making internet/wifi available in all units and hopefully will be sorted out by the time you come and visit us again.

Once again thank you for staying with us at Mouille Point Village and we look forward to welcoming you back

Kind Regards

Mouille Point Village

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lyon, France
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Nice view to lion head an signal hill + sea (side view) as well+ golf and green park.
Have also a balcony which is very enjoyable.
High floor provide the best view : do not select on the road (front sea view) as it will be noisy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Beira, Mozambique
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I spent almost one week at Mouille Point Village after browsing the internet for reasonably priced accommodation downtown Cape Town. The price for the apartment was very good. I enjoyed my stay with a beautiful view over the golf course, stadium and Table Mountain. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in walking distance.

The room itself was very clean and well furnished. The bathroom was slightly small for my liking and I had problems finding the building, because the physical address was nowhere to be found on the booking confirmation which I printed out (and obviously did not check in advance). I did not try the wireless internet as it is not for free and a cafe close by offers free internet with great speed.

The ladies at the reception were very friendly and helpful. I would always come back to Mouille Point Village.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The perfect place for a vacation close to the beach to the waterfront with a view from the window of the table mountain. I went there with my boyfriend and we got a 3 bedroom apartment who had everything in it fridge washin machine big beautiful porch (perfect for a romantic dinner) the staff was so helpful especially Karin!!!she was amazing!! We will defently go back!! Great value for a great price

• Stayed February 2014
UK
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was kept waiting more than 15 mins to check in as no reception staff were around. I spoke to 2 other members of staff from the office but neither offered to check me in. No.610 only has slatted blinds which don't fit very well so do a poor job of keeping the light out. I was woken very early on my second morning by bright sunlight, and by the foghorn from the nearby lighthouse on my first morning.
No balcony on my room so suite with balconies would be much better choices, but Cape Town was full when I tried to find a room at fairly short notice.

Not unhappy overall but it could easily have been so much better.

Room Tip: Rooms on he north have great views of the sea, on the south of the soccer stadium and golf course. S...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Northampton, England
Reviewed 30 January 2014

From start to finish an excellent base for exploring Cape Town and the Cape. Due to the timing of our flight we arrived 6 hours before normal check-in (2pm) - but no problem, they asked us to sit by the pool for half an hour and then we were installed by 8:30 am all set for the day.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very good location, quiet (at least on our side facing the mountains, you might get a bit of traffic noise in rooms facing the sea) except for Monday morning which is obviously bins day so there's a bit of noise then but nothing major. Two or three decent eateries in easy walking distance and safe after dark to walk back - we would include the Radisson on that too.

V&A waterfront an easy 15 minute walk along the front - loads to go at there - try the 400g kebab at Karibu - see if you can finish it!! We walked out and taxied back from there for the princely sum of R50 (three quid to you mate!). There's a massive 'Pick & Pay' (like Tesco) there for getting essentials like milk, fruit, wine etc

Meals for two including wine and sparkling water (you will get thirsty) typically about R650 (£40).

Hop On Hop Off bus is a treat - easily the best way to get to the cable car for table mountain without a car.

We walked all the way into Cape Town itself in about 30 minutes - take water as you will get warm and thirsty. OK to explore and easily done on foot - two or three slightly unpleasant encounters with beggars but no big deal.

Hired a car for part of the time - driving around the town and the cape was very easy, sticking to the main routes. You will inevitably encounter/pass through parts of townships but again although a bit unnerving we had no problems. Fuel is ridiculously cheap about 80p a litre for unleaded - just remember to tip the chaps R4 or 5 for doing the necessary - contrary to what we read credit cards are usually accepted for fuel.

Indeed credit cards usually accepted everywhere - in restaurants they will bring pin terminal to you or ask you to go to the till.

Only downside was we couldn't get a late check-out as they were very busy - if I did it again I'd book the extra day - in the event it was fine to leave our luggage at the office and go walkabout and have lunch until it wa time to go the airport.

Airport transfer we used ordinary taxis both ways (look for touchdown taxis on arrival - ignore the other touts) and the hotel will call taxi for return. R300 to 350 inc tip (about £20)

Altogether grand!

Room Tip: pick the ones facing the mountain
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

When we booked this we believed that there was availability in a top floor apartment and requested this on the booking 6 months prior to arrival. On arrival we were advised that we would need to book a year in advance to get a top floor room. These are not luxury apartments by any standard. The apartments are getting a little dated but they are clean tidy and had a comfortable bed. On a bus route and within easy reach of the V&A waterfront. Staff were friendly and helpful if you needed help. No Wi-Fi but access in the reception to a terminal to get online. We paid for a luxury apartment but do not believe that we had VfM.

Room Tip: First few floors on the sea side will experience some traffic noise but this is not excessive and do...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple