“Surprised by lack of attention to detail”

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in the "luxury" Village & Life apartments in Mouille Point over the Easter Holiday 2014
The location and views could not be better and the staff are very friendly and the apartments are serviced daily.
The 2 bedroom apartment has a queen size bed in the 2nd bedroom - so for a family of four we had 2 kids sharing a bed which is not ideal
There are no air conditioners and we had 3 nights where the heat was over 25degC and fans do not cut it
To escape the heat we opened all the windows and doors - the result of this was getting feasted on by the mosquitoes and lying awake listening to the sound of the road outside - which on a Saturday night can get very noisy.
How is it that a luxury apartment does not have air conditioning? Or Mosquito repellant devices if mosquitoes are such a big problem?

Room Tip: Ask for sea view - although the mountain view is quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MouillePoint, General Manager at Mouille Point Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear FrustratedFamilyof4

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about us and I hope you enjoyed your time in Cape Town.

Firstly thank you for your kind words regarding the location and our staff. We are spending a lot of time on training so I'm glad to see its paying dividends.

I'm sorry your kids had to share a bed. Not all of our 2 bedrooms have beds that can separate and apologies if this was an oversight from us if this was something you requested.

Regarding the heat issue, I do remember Easter Weekend was particularly hot. Please keep in mind that we are a 3* product and priced accordingly. To install A/C units into all our apartments would obviously be a huge cost and this in turn would reflect in the pricing of our apartments which as it stands is very competitive, especially taking the location and general specs the apartments do offer into account. We do have misting fans in all our units.

With regards to the noise, we are in a prime position on the Mouille Point Promenade and I'm afraid the traffic is a trade off for the location and the view.

We will most definitely take your suggestion on board regarding mozi repellant and the plug ins.

I hope you will visit us again in the future

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great location. Right on the ocean boardwalk. 1km from the waterfront. close to a few cafes and restaurants. great view of the golf course and the football stadium. downside is the noise and the internet. Wifi is paying and complicated. Better go to the nearby cafe. Noise is very annoying during the night since all apartments have a door on the main courtyard. You can hear all entries and exits and bins being emptied and people rolling suitcases in any hallway. Another down point was that a late checkout ( 3hrs extension) resulted in a half a daily rate ring added to our bill.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

It was annoying that the property has changed their internet policy and guests are expected to pay. They operate a voucher system and I could not get it to work as the system refused to accept my card as it was not a South African credit card. I had a late arrival at the accommodation due to a flight delay, and the manager acted as it was an inconvenience and handed me the key and said you know you way to your room. I was appalled as I have stayed there many time and it was not the welcome that I was expecting. The kettle also did not work in the room and the apartment was not very clean when I arrived. Overall, service has deteriorated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank richard g

Dear Richard G,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I hope you enjoyed your stay in Cape Town and with us.

Please accept my apologies for your experience on arrival and that you feel the over all experience has deteriorated. We are spending a lot of time and effort on staff training at the moment and I believe this is showing now with positive guest experiences. Apologies also for your kettle not working, there is no excuse for this.

Regarding the internet, this is an issue for us at Mouille Point Village. We are looking into solutions of making internet/wifi available in all units and hopefully will be sorted out by the time you come and visit us again.

Once again thank you for staying with us at Mouille Point Village and we look forward to welcoming you back

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Nice view to lion head an signal hill + sea (side view) as well+ golf and green park.
Have also a balcony which is very enjoyable.
High floor provide the best view : do not select on the road (front sea view) as it will be noisy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I spent almost one week at Mouille Point Village after browsing the internet for reasonably priced accommodation downtown Cape Town. The price for the apartment was very good. I enjoyed my stay with a beautiful view over the golf course, stadium and Table Mountain. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in walking distance.

The room itself was very clean and well furnished. The bathroom was slightly small for my liking and I had problems finding the building, because the physical address was nowhere to be found on the booking confirmation which I printed out (and obviously did not check in advance). I did not try the wireless internet as it is not for free and a cafe close by offers free internet with great speed.

The ladies at the reception were very friendly and helpful. I would always come back to Mouille Point Village.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The perfect place for a vacation close to the beach to the waterfront with a view from the window of the table mountain. I went there with my boyfriend and we got a 3 bedroom apartment who had everything in it fridge washin machine big beautiful porch (perfect for a romantic dinner) the staff was so helpful especially Karin!!!she was amazing!! We will defently go back!! Great value for a great price

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was kept waiting more than 15 mins to check in as no reception staff were around. I spoke to 2 other members of staff from the office but neither offered to check me in. No.610 only has slatted blinds which don't fit very well so do a poor job of keeping the light out. I was woken very early on my second morning by bright sunlight, and by the foghorn from the nearby lighthouse on my first morning.
No balcony on my room so suite with balconies would be much better choices, but Cape Town was full when I tried to find a room at fairly short notice.

Not unhappy overall but it could easily have been so much better.

Room Tip: Rooms on he north have great views of the sea, on the south of the soccer stadium and golf course. S...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo