“Located right at the heart of cape town”

AHA Inn on the Square
Ranked #66 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Jaipur, India
“Located right at the heart of cape town”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I spent 2 days here. The hotel is located right in the middle of everywhere. From here u can explore most of cape town down town market by foot. Their is a very good flea market on antiques, curios and african art and craft but do remember to bargain.The market is open from morning till evening.My room was on the eighth floor and had a wonderfull view from the window.The room had all the amenities except no refrigerator.The bathroom was a bit small but clean.The food was really good and the staff ever ready and pleasing. The eight floor has the pool, though it is a very small pool.
Their is a money changer nearby ...once u come out of hotel to the left and then first right.
Their is internet cafe and international phone calling shop just around the corner on the right ...side of church.
And on top of it to see the table mountain i had booked the tour by bus, so the stop number 4 is right 300 metres from the hotel in front of the and very old and good (well stocked) german bookshop.The reception staff was courteous enough to guide me with a map and directions for around the city and even escorted me to the money changer and the german bookshop for getting into hop on hop off bus.The railways station and bus station is also at a walking distance and gr way to see the city is always by foot which is the key USP of this hotle...location at the very heart of capetown.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the square garden in front of hotel and try for higher floor room for gr8...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vivek_kool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I spent 11 nights here and had a great time. Great location in central Cape Town.The price point was perfect for what you get and the service was friendly.

The rooms are not to big but for me it was perfect as I was traveling alone. They are clean and decorated nicely with a "current" look. The bathroom is small but it is not as bad as some other reviewers make it sound. In my room I was glad to see a french press with ground coffee and real milk cream every morning. The bed was soft and the linens were also quality. They even have a power strip built into the desk that has multiple power convertors depending on where you are traveling from.

The square does get a little noisy in the morning if you are on the front side of the hotel. This is due to the sellers setting up thier cubicles and it is all fabricated of metal so there is alot of clanging. It didnt bother me as I was up by 7:30am

The hotel has a great bar that sets out wine and cheese during the evenings in the hotel lobby. The hotels restaurant food was always delisious. I reccomend the Inn Chicken Sandwich and the Blue Steak.

My only complaint was the internet as it was really slow. Other than that I had a great stay. Worth every penny.

Note: I have always been really good about giving money to homeless people but in central Cape Town I found most of them are real con-artist. Believe me I did my research on this as I did get taken advantage of. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Keep your money to yourself and dont let ANYBODY help you at the ATM. I had a friend who was pulling out cash and a "helpful Harry" came up and switched his card without him looking. He now has to dispute $350 of charges. Cape Town is a great place for vacation but be careful.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the morning square noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BluesTraveler75
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is well situated to explore Cape Town on foot. The square has a market daily from early morning till early evening. The setting-up of the booths is noisy and might bother guests on low floors. Our room on the eighth floor was spacious and quiet, though for such a large room the bathroom was surprisingly small - indeed cramped. Concierge staff were friendly though not always too efficient - tickets to Table Mountain were ordered online but couldn't be printed. Beware - we were directed to an ATM across the square where twice someone tried to scam us. When we reported it (to a different staff person) he said we shouldn't use that ATM and recommended another, in another hotel. The lobby and breakfast room can be unpleasantly noisy when tour groups are around. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

Room Tip: high floor, or possibly off the square
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john w
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A week in heaven honestly. Yes being in Cape Town (CPT) itself is amazing but add to that the fact that you get to stay in the heart of the city and you have it all. The bathroom may have been a tad bit small but that didn't phase me at all since I was not in CPT to stay in my room let alone the bath.

The venue is so amazing that I would never book into another hotel on my return. Security was great as there was the city security station right outside the hotel. Staff were friendly and as chilled as you can expect from CPT. Daily shuttles to the V&A is a bonus to guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week, location is brilliant. Everything is close by and transport is convenient. The room was small but manageable since we hardly were in the room. Room was well cleaned, neat and modern. The shower pressure was very low which was one of the only downfalls. Staff were friendly and the hotel had a nice lobby and bar area to sit at. The hotel also has free WiFi and a business centre for guests which is brilliant since most hotels charge for this. The only issue that I had was that before I checked in I requested a room on a floor high up and facing the square. When we checked in the room was high but not facing the square. We called reception and the lady said that they were full that night but would change the room in the morning. We did request for our room to be changed in the morning but the guy at reception said that if we changed our room we will need to pay an additional fee of R350 per night (I think this was due to us booking through a different website and not with the hotel itself). Our room faced the roof of another building and a slight view of long street. Overall the hotel was great and I will stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Keswick, Virginia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for four nights at the end of our three week tour in Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Cape Town. It was a perfect central location for walking around Cape Town. Yes, you can hear the vendors setting up and taking down their stalls on the square. Watching that process and walking through the market only added to our enjoyment of this location. We were only a few steps away from the action and nightlife on Long Street. Watching and listening to a group of twenty drummers on the street was a highlight of our stay. The rooms were modern and clean. The bathroom was small but had a great shower. The breakfast buffet had everything one could possibly want and everything was delicious. Yes, it was very busy on weekday mornings but with a wonderful variety of international travelers. The staff was friendly, helpful, and eager to please.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We were truly disappointed with this hotel. It was loud when the market set up in the morning & broke down in the evening. The area seemed seedy to us so we didn't venture out the only night we were there. The room & bathroom were extremely small. They told us they upgraded us due to it being our homeymoon. I would not want to see the regular room. We asked to be switched to a larger room & they showed us a room that was the same exact sz, just had a bathroom in the fromt of thr room. The shower was so small with a shelf up high that my husband hit his head trying to shower. The pool was tiny & FREEZING. I dont think it is even considered a lap pool. The gym was 3 treadmills with one being out of order & some weights. Breakfast was absolute chaos due to several tour groups being seated all at the same time & what terrible service. We did have dinner at Dish & it was pretty good. Just stay away from the pureed chicken soup! We checked out after one night & stayed at the Waterfront. We are so happy we did!

• Stayed September 2013