“Great location and staff were helpful.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AHA Inn on the Square

AHA Inn on the Square
Ranked #66 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
“Great location and staff were helpful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in several hotels during our stay in CT. This is one of the best only surpassed by the other Three Cities property. Valet was nice and the location was great to amazing! Loads of cafes and shopping around. Room was clean and well put together every morning. It did, however, smell like smoke every morning which was bizarre as we don't smoke. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. If you need your travel clothes cleaned they do an amazing job for cheap!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Kondy1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
athens gr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and I must admit that it met my expectations. It is ideally located next to Long str, with the vibrant night life and restaurants, only 40 minutes walking from the waterfront.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, the personnel helpful (like everybody I met in South Africa!!!), the breakfast satisfactory. The wifi is free everywhere in the hotel but rather slow on peak times. I would definitely recommend and stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Linda S, Manager at AHA Inn on the Square, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Greetings from Inn on the Square.

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor .

Your comment with regard to the wifi has been noted and by the end of April the system ought to have been overhauled.

We do pride ourselves with consistent high standards of service and constantly change the way we operate to ensure complete guest satisfaction, it is only through feedback received from our guests that we are able to achieve this.

We would like to thank you for your support and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future !
hereford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Inn on the Square is a lovely looking building centrally located.It is well maintained and has one of the best views you will ever get from a running machine in the gym.(the fog rolling off the top of Table Mountain)Our room was at the back of the hotel and whilst the views from there were uninspiring it was very quiet which to me was more important,in fact the whole hotel was very quiet in the eveningThere is a small sunbathing area on floor 8 which was always quiet and really caught the afternoon sun.The breakfast was buffet style and was very filling and we ate in the restaurant one night which was acceptable.There are plenty of eateries within a few minutes walk and even in the evenings we felt perfectly safe.There is a stop for the Hop on Hop off bus within a 100 metres and the market is worth a look,but you will get hassle so be prepared.The only negative i can think about is the size of the reception is very small with seating for only a dozen people at most and most evenings was taken over by Indians who werent even guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from Inn on the Square.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Inn on the Square.
The view from our gym is indeed unique and our location is really ideal .

Your comment regarding the reception area has been noted we are in the process of sourcing a different venue for staying guests to arrange to meet their guests this will then be followed with updated customer service training.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Three Cities Inn on the Square in the future.

Kind Regards
Horley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Im usually quite forgiving of hotels, its hard to please a 100 or so people all day every day.
But my "beef" with this hotel wasnt so much the hotel as the staff - they just didnt care.
I stayed for ten days for business, so little annoyances add up over ten days.
Our bathroom smelt of stale Urine
The "gym" was two broken treadmills, a useless multigym machine that must have cost them all of a $100, and ONE SONG that ran on repeat for my entire stay
Fresh towels werent replaced
Water wasnt replaced
Coffee wasnt replaced
The bathroom wasnt cleaned
Every single morning at breakfast I was ignored and had to chase someone down for tea

This things arent the end of the world, they are pretty annoying (apart from the bathroom smell, that was just disgusting) but the worst part was the staffs attitude. Id call down and every time whoever answered the phone would blame my problem on someone else, then tranfer me without saying anything - every time
Then Id wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. And finally be given what ever it was id asked for it, with a look that said "youd better not ask for that again"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chopsthetraveller

Travellers are raving about these Cape Town Central hotels

Hayling Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before. It is in a very central position in the town, the food is very nice, the hotel is very clean, friendly, comfortable, and very very well priced. Last time we stayed the bar at the side was closed, which was sad as it was very handy for a little soiree. Also the market setting up outside in the mornings was a little noisy.However, this time the bar was renovated and re-opened, very nice! and the hotel has also had many improvements, one of which is double glazing to the windows, which virtually cuts the noise completely! also there are blackout curtains that help make for a good nights sleep!! I was very impressed, and hope to stay there next time I am in Cape Town.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front as we did before and it was very quiet so I would have those again.A/C a litt...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel to attend a conference. I registered late and my preferred hotels were full. I chose Inn on the Square for availability and access to the conference centre.
My room for the first three nights was on a low floor on the inside of the building. It had an opaque window because it opened onto a ventilation shaft. The room was relatively small, with a tiny bathroom, and I found it claustrophobic. Luckily I left early and arrived late so I only slept in the room. The room was quiet, except for the hum of air conditioners in the vent shaft, and the bed was comfortable so I slept well.
For my final night I moved to a slightly larger room on the top floor at the front of the hotel, with a good view over Green Market Square and Table Mountain. This was altogether better.
I had one buffet breakfast and one buffet dinner at the hotel, and these were pleasant enough without being memorable.
The front desk staff were helpful, but busy most of the time, which meant waiting to get their attention.
I do not particularly like the Long Street area, and prefer to stay in other parts of Cape Town. Inn on the Square met my needs. I would have rated it higher if I had been allocated my second room from the beginning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian T
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have stayed here before and even then it wasn't great, but this time was unacceptable. On arrival my room stank of smoke and I couldn't be moved because the rooms were all taken (even though the gentleman at the front desk didn't make much effort). I was in Cape town for business and my suits all smelt like smoke, it was disgusting. The staff in general are friendly but if you want to sleep till after 06:00 this is not the place as the market downstairs starts setting up at 06:00am. The food is average as well.
I wont be staying here again.

Room Tip: Higher up is better, anything from the 5th floor is ok.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business