“Radisson Blu in Cape Town”

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The location is exceptional. Shuttle to Waterfront every hour. Only a 5 minute drive.
Rooms are very spacious. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast menu is overwhelming.
Our room was Ocean facing and morning views are beautiful from the patio doors.
Table Mountain view is breath taking. Very safe place to stay. Stayed for 4 nights. Would not mind staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view and Bussiness class room on second or third floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Bob G,

What a pleasure reading your review! Thank you for your awesome comments and sharing it with us and other viewers.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our delectable breakfast and awesome location too. Waking up to the sound of the ocean and views of Table Mountain will indeed start anyone's day off on a great note!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We wondered whether we would be better off at the Waterfront, but in truth it's just a 10 minute walk away and this hotel allows you to enjoy the harbour views for much less money. Highly recommend the oversize business class rooms - they are not much more money and worth every penny. The breakfast buffet is one of the best that I have ever seen, but service and food at dinner was not great. Concierge was outstanding. The only disappointment was arriving at 9 pm, opening the mini bar and opening our first bottle of SA wine. It was dreadful. This is an easy fix for management - hope that they make some adjustments to this soon.

Room Tip: Go for the business class rooms - they are not much more money and worth every penny
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lovemyjob1

Dear Lovemyjob1,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.
It is great to hear we exceeded your expectations and once again thank you for this wonderful feedback.

I do however do apologize for your dining and wine experience. This issue has been noted and will be looked into on why the wine was not up to standard.
Please note this is not the standard we pride ourselves in providing.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we trust that this will not deter you from visiting our property again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

You can tell a lot by the staff at a hotel and this staff was exceptional. We had a mountain view (you can also have a water view) and it was fantastic. (oh, you can open your window!) The location was great as it was a short walk to the VA Waterfront and the Grand Restaurant. If you don't want to walk there is a shuttle service. Even if we missed the shuttle time they accommodated us and drove us over. The only main thing I will suggest if you stay there and like breakfast is to book a room with breakfast included. The buffet is $22 per person. I think this a bit steep when all you want is coffee and some eggs. I cannot say enough about the staff, in every department.

Room Tip: Make sure to add your breakfast in when booking your room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Shaytread,

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel! It was such a pleasure reading your comments – thank you. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other readers and look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights whilst on business. I was booked into a standard room and was allocated a room with a side sea view which in the summer would have been very nice as the views are stunning. However, being winter it was dark when I got up and dark when I got back so wasn't really able to enjoy the views.

The room was okay but looking a little tired; for a business trip on single occupancy it was perfectly acceptable but if I was on holiday with my husband, I would have been disappointed as it was on the small side and with the curtains being drawn (morning and night), and the dark decor, it felt quite dismal. I also had a leak through one of the windows one evening when the wind and rain was attrocious - I think this had been ongoing for some time as there was a smell of damp (or was it stale cigarette smoke) everytime I entered the room.

The hotel wasn't particularly busy and as a gesture of goodwill, if rooms are available, I think management should upgrade customers to the better rooms (which are larger and have been refurbished) as it wouldn't cost the hotel anything and would leave a good impression with the customer (who may or may not choose to come back to the Radisson Blu).

Breakfast was plentiful and lots of choice but expensive compared to eating out generally.

As a whole, the staff were very helpful and friendly.

The hotel is only about 7-10 minute walk to the waterfront - which during daylight would be a pleasant walk - but not in the dark. We used the free shuttle bus that runs every hour right through until 11.00 pm which was very useful.

Having been to Cape Town on business several times, for this budget it was not the best hotel I have stayed in or the worst and depending on availability, I might choose elsewhere in future.

Dear Noteasilypleased10,

I appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with your valuable feedback and review.

Please accept our apologies for what you encountered with the issues at the hotel as mentioned with regards to the rooms.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you but do hope to welcome you back and that this incident will not deter you from visiting our property again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was the fourth Radisson Blu I have stayed in and by far the best. Great service, lovely rooms, lovely food! The staff were happy and always smiling and very helpful. Right on the waterfront with great views. The only issue was during our stay there was a large conference on for a couple of days and breakfast was something of a trial due to the large number of people who all came in at once. The staff however did their best with a difficult situation.

Room Tip: There is nothing overlooked in this hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Olly1354,

Wow! What great feedback to receive of our hotel .Many thanks for taking time out to write a review of Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.

Your comments with regards to the conference during your stay and inconvenience you experienced has been duly noted.

So delighted we exceeded your expectations however and could assist with making your stay memorable.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the second I am staying at the Radisson Blu Waterfront.
I really want to go back for a romantic stay.

Dear DanR31,

Many thanks for taking time out to write this review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.
Your feedback is much appreciated and so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback and awaiting your return to our lovely city!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the second I am staying at the Radisson Blu Waterfront. I enjoyed very my stay. The room is still spacious and clean and the staff very helpful. The breakfast is excellent as always but the price has increased to 220 R instead of 160 R and that is a minus for me. I really want to go back for a romantic stay.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels