“Room with a view”

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed in one of the suites whch was spacious, modern, clean and luxurious. The view from my room was phenomenal as the hotel is well positioned. The vew is what distinguishes this hotel so hold thumbs that the weather is good so that you can enjoy breakfast on the patio outside next to the sea.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Kristi L,

Thank you for your feedback and for your positive comments.

Your complimentary remarks regarding the location and facilities are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Cape Town.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I think Hotel could be a lot better and for me I have stayed in better Radisson Blu's. My check in was lovely and reception. Friendly warm and a lovely cup of hot chocolate. Also the receptionist was kind enough to warn me that there was major renovation happening during the day time hours of business which was fine for me as I knew I'd be out working. There were lots of nice things about the hotel, turndown service, good gym and shuttle service to the waterfront. However on the flip side I was a bit disappointed with my room (would definitely request seaview if I stayed again but the main thing for me was the room service just very very average for the price. The internet was terrible and I was there for business was a major con for me. Given that it was winter the 'heating' did not get anywhere close to warm so I spent most of my time wearing two robes! Perhaps I'll revisit when the renovations are complete.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear MissMac83,

Many thanks for your feedback of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for your experience with the issues you've experienced at the hotel.As you know from previous experience we always endeavor to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Overall we are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass on your accolades to the team.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we trust that this will not deter you from visiting our property again in the near future and where we will be granted the opportunity of exceeding your expectations.

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Radisson in April. As a larger family, we booked a two bedroom sea facing suite. It was huge with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, lounge/dining area, kitchenette and separate study. Beautiful views of the water, and from the balcony, a great view of Table Mountain. The standout with this hotel are the staff. Incredibly friendly and attentive. From Paul, the duty manager, to all the other reception staff, and the restaurant staff and housekeepers, every person we encountered was happy and eager to please. Buffet breakfasts were incredible - never seen so much variety. All other meals at the hotel were faultless.
The Radisson is perfectly situated with a convenient shuttle to the Waterfront, but an easy walk too. The pool was thoroughly enjoyed by the kids after each day's sightseeing.
If I had any criticism it would be that housekeeping be more diligent with a checklist as each day it seemed we had to ask for something that was missed eg. facecloths, coffee mugs etc. but of course, once asked, it came promptly with a smile. We also had a few maintenance issues eg. one of the phones not working, bathroom drains needing attention. Again, promptly attended to, but quality control should be by the establishment, not the guest.
We would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear mum3191,

Wow what an awesome and extensive review.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us and also bringing our attention to areas for improvement and consistency.

Many thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Waterfront hotel is absolutely beautiful and the service everywhere was exceptional. I have never stayed at a Radisson hotel before and I was quite pleasently surprised by everything. The staff do go out of their way to give excellent service, the hotel looks amazing and so much care is taken to make the experience memorable. I will definitely be going back to the Radisson groupd of hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Vuyokazi M,

We really do appreciate your positive feedback of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to know that we at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront exceeded your expectations and that we could add to a memorable stay.

I noticed you live in Johannesburg and hope to see you sooner than later again for a nice weekend breakaway.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Paul, the guest relations manager did not deliver on his promise of getting us a qualified tour guide for our trip to the vineyards. We only realised this once we were already in the car during the tour. The driver was only a driver and not a qualified tour guide. The driver was a pleasant and honest guy. I did tell Paul about it the next morning, but no compensation was offered other than a verbal apology.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Kian B,

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.

Please I do apologize for any miscommunication that might have occurred with regards to your touring whilst staying at the hotel.Please note this have been noted and constructively been dealt with.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

j don t thing the reception at this hotel is good i think its very minimal .there is no wow factor here.so the building and the service is good and there good thing stop .so its a place to sleep get up and go ....not a place that i want to hang out or entertain friends .i did not eat from them as they are known for very small portions end expensive.

Room Tip: ask for a afternoon or morning sun lid room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Alroy J,

Many thanks for taking time out to write a review of our hotel, The Radisson Blu Waterfront.
Please note we value your feedback and comments which is of great importance to us.

We trust that this will not deter you from visiting our property again in the near future, and where we will be granted the opportunity of exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Radisson was a wonderful place to be. It was a perfect location for all we needed in Cape Town. I would love to stay there again...without the construction. We were not able to swim and being on vacation and picking the Radisson for that one reason was a bit disappointing.
The service there was exceptional, especially the staff. I have never been treated better! I cannot wait to visit there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank DayLee L

Dear Kpcakeicing,

What a pleasure reading your review! Thank you for taking the time to deliver your comments and sharing your positive experience with us.

We are so excited to launch our newly refurbished conference venue,reception area and swimming pool and cannot wait to share this with you upon your next visit.

Safe travels and looking forward to welcoming you back.