“The best of the best”

Ranked #31 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reston, United States
“The best of the best”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I made reservations at the Radisson Blu knowing from past experience how well managed the hotel was and continues to be. The location, hospitality and excellent service has not changed over the years and has improved, if that is possible. The shuttle service to the Waterfront is really accommodating, on the hour service to and from that location. Hotel management was willing to store our heavy baggage while we traveled the wine route for a few days, an added treat to say the least. The quality of the food and beverages was exceptional and timely with friendly service on all fronts. In summary, if you have not made plans to visit Cape Town and having difficulty choosing hotel accommodation, Radisson Blu is a no-brainer. Enjoy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Charles G,

Thank you for your review and most of all thank you for your compliments received.

I am delighted to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations and will definitely pass this onto the staff.

Extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront and look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Best Regards
Debra Sivertsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Granted we had a top floor corner business sea view room, but even with standing that everything else about the hotel is top notch. It's right on the beach, bar is super, staff very helpful.
It's walking distance from the waterfront bars etc, but if you can't be bothered they run a bus.
For all that staying there is cheap as chips. Its £7 for the house wine, which is lovely. We stayed at the Hilton down town too, and it's a great hotel too, but the location of the Blu wins the day.

Room Tip: got to pay fro sea view
Dear BCriagD,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review in respect of your stay at the Radisson Blu Waterfront.

Your complimentary remarks regarding the room, the staff, the services and facilities are greatly appreciated.

On behalf of the entire team we look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Please be aware that this review is about an administrative issue. I am assuming it is a good hotel, based on the hotel group to which it belongs.
On August 25, I booked this hotel on the Radisson.com site. My husband & I will be in Cape Town in October for a few days.
I chose the option of not using a credit card guarantee, since that option was just to guarantee late arrival which did not apply since our flight is due to arrive Cape Town in the morning. My reservation was confirmed - I received it in my mailbox.
24 hours later, I receive an email from a Madeleine S. of the Cape Town hotel, saying that I needed to pay for my booking because it was in a high demand period, they had attached Credit card Authorization forms and that until I paid my booking had been cancelled.
Imagine my shock. My booking clearly states the Hotel Guarantee & Reservation Policies as "Room will be held until 6PM Hotel Time day of arrival" - their words not mine.
I replied telling her I was doing no such thing, that I was going to complain and post this review.
I got a quick reply - I misunderstood, she says. She then repeats the same thing she said before (what am I, mentally challenged or do I not understand English??) and tells me she has reinstated my booking but could I please send my card details for a 1 night deposit or at least a hold (same difference, is it not?).
I have advised her to do what she pleases as it does not change my decision to complain and report this for fellow travellers to be aware of. If local hotels of a global group cannot uphold the guarantees & policies of the brand, then that is a terrible thing, and in this case, makes me wonder what other issues that may be in store for me if I choose to stay there.
I will be staying at the V&A Hotel instead.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Feyisola T
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Feyisola T,

Many thanks for taking time out to write this review.We appreciate your constructive feedback and please be advised this has been noted.

Just to clarify ,for periods of unexpected high demand we do contact travellers to guarantee their reservation. At no point should we have communicated that your booking was cancelled, and we do apologize for this.

We have addressed the correct procedure with the relevant staff member to ensure that this incorrect communication does not happen in future.

We are truly sorry that you won't be staying with us this time around; hope you will consider staying with us in the near future.

Best Regards
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived to Radisson Blu after a long flight. We were instantly advised about weather conditions to go up Table Mountain and a taxi was ordered for us. We had a fabulous spacious rooms with a beautiful view. When we came back Paul had organised a treat for our honeymoon. Breakfast was great, bar staff, receptionist staff in fact everyone we encountered were very helpful and professional. Free shuttle to v&a is great as taxi is quite expensive to for such a short distance. Overall a great way to start our honeymoon, we would definitely recommend the Radisson Blu and hope to some day come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Julybride2014,

Congratulations on your nuptials and wishing both of you a lifetime of happiness.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's facilities, the complimentary shuttle and of course our customer service.

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Cape Town.

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for six nights in a business class beautiful room with amazing view of the table mountain and marina.
Staff were amazing and friendly. Paul in guest relations went out of his way to rectify a small problem.
We had the best message we have ever had. The masseuses was brilliant. I wish I could remember her name.
Shuttle to v&a waterfront works a treat. Fantastic add on.
If we go back to Cape Town, we will definitely return to the Radisson Blu

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer W
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are happy to know that you chose Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront as your chosen destination when in Cape Town.

I have passed your comments onto Paul and was well received and much appreciated,thank you.
So delighted you enjoyed all the facilities on offer at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back when next in Cape Town

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

the setting of this hotel on the waterfront is fantastic with wonderful views across the bay. you can watch spectacular sunrises at breakfast and stunning sunsets from the rooms. although its a little away from the V&A waterfront there is a free shuttle service on the hour throughout the day until 11 pm. the economy rooms were great and the business class rooms must be fantastic. breakfast was very good with omelettes and waffles made to order and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. a great place to stay in Cape Town

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear 700tom,

Many thanks for writing such a great review of your stay with us.
So delighted you enjoyed every moment spent at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront and wishing you many more returns to our shores!

All of the best and safe travels.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed at the Radisson Blu a few times for business - this time my husband came with me. The service. as always, was excellent - the closeness to the Waterfront and Cape Town really helps. Previously I have been in a business suite but they were all taken so the receptionist found us a room with a sea view.
In the evening you can sit and watch the sun set on the patio -it is a very popular place to sit. The same in the morning for breakfast - which is excellent.
This is a really excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear The Baroness V,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback of your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront.

It is wonderful to hear such positive feedback from our guests and we are happy to hear that we fulfilled your expectations.

Wishing you safe travels and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.