8 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$242
Radissonhotels.comUS$243
TravelocityUS$242
2,553 results
All reviews business class room sea facing room hourly shuttle infinity pool standard room table mountain robben island concierge desk shuttle service business trip mini bar water front our honeymoon south africa waterfront seagulls sundowners
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

The location, spacious rooms, superb facilities and staff of nothing short of world class! Viewing dolphins in the bay while having breakfast is one of the highlights.
My favorite hotel in CT by far. It would be crazy to stay anywhere else

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank Richsutt
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2018

Dear Richsutt,

Thank you for your excellent review and score of our hotel! I am ecstatic that your stay with us has been such a memorable one and that you had the magical opportunity to experience seeing the dolphins in the bay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for more fantastic memories and experiences!

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in the perfect place for the Waterfront if you don’t want to be on the busy V&A waterfront itself. You can have breakfast lunch and dinner watching the dolphins play the ocean. Rooms perhaps need a little renovation but were adequate for my needs. The food was excellent and the wine cheese and biscuits served at 6 pm was a great start to our evening. Only negative thing was the bar service was chaotic. Service was often slow and the bar staff had to ask what we had ordered when we came to pay.
Great location

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Pedrogrumps,

Thank you for your great review and score. I would like to apologise for the slow service you experienced at the bar. I have shared your feedback with my team and would like to assure you that your concerns are currently being addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for a seamless experience that many of our guests have grown fond of.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2018

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.

Reviewed 2 December 2018

Having dinner outside on an early summer evening is just how it should be in Cape Town. Excellent food and service make it virtually perfect. The menu is not as extensive as many restaurants but it is excellent. The buffet breakfast has a very extensive choice and after the first morning I learned to ask for a pot of coffee rather than a cup. The service is very good although somewhat laid back but I didn’t mind this.
My only issue was being woken on my first morning at 7am by someone coming unannounced into my room and fleeing without a word when I realised and challenged them. I was later told that it was housekeeping to check my mini bar - not really sure I believe that because who would be so stupid as to do that. Still waiting for a management response to the complaint that I lodged but it doesn’t affect my other views on the hotel. I would certainly stay there again on any return to Cape Town.

Room tip: Ask when booking for a sea view or Table Mountain view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Dear Snick175,

Thank you for your amazing score and review. I wish to apologise for the inconvenience caused regarding the minibar check.

I have shared your feedback with our team and would like to assure you that your concerns have certainly been addressed.
In case there is anything further I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed 2 December 2018

From the moment I got here I was blown away with the level of service and hospitality from every member of staff. Every face always had a smile and someone was always on hand to help with any request.
My room was spacious and airy with breathtaking views and the balcony was great to relax away from the crowd. The bed was comfortable and always well made, the pillows were a little soft for my liking but there were plenty of them. Air-con worked very well and was quiet if I needed it on at night. The only thing I can say is the wind did tend to howl around my room at night but that's just the 'Cape Doctor' and I soon got used to it.
I ate both in the hotel restaurant and used room service, both were excellent. The food was tasty and large sized portions. Food to my room was delivered promptly by a friendly lady and was still at a good temperature. The breakfast was out of this world. Just the setting alone by the sea was enough to get you up early every morning. Some mornings cups and glasses seemed to be in short supply and tables sometimes weren't reset very quickly but the hotel was constantly very busy. There were so many options I wanted to eat everything every morning and I loved the DIY Virgin Mary station. Being egg yolk intolerant I asked for egg white omelettes and poached egg whites. This usually brings blank looks at other hotels but not here, they happily saw to my request without question.
I spent a few nights in the bar, the lounge area was quiet and comfortable. The wine list was extensive- even when ordering by the glass and the cocktails were pretty special too.
The facilities are also top notch. The sun-loungers at the infinity pool were well kept and clean with fresh towels always available. As ever there was always someone around to assist with any requests. The spa is excellent, I had the best massage I have ever had and the pool/sauna were clean and relaxing. I didn't use the gym but the local ParkRun is only 10-15 minutes walk away and a good flat one for a new PB!
The location of this hotel is great for the Waterfront at only 10 minutes walk or if you're not up to it a quick shuttle is always available on the hour. The hotel use a local cab firm (Unicabs) who I found to be reasonably priced and very efficient if I was going further into town.
When it was time to (very reluctantly) go, checkout was smooth and simple. I had the holiday of a lifetime and would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you Radisson for making my trip so special and extra thanks to Cindy on reception who really went out of her way to welcome me.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank SWLincoln

Dear SWLincoln,

Wow......what an amazing, carefully thought out and well written review...THANK YOU! It was such a great pleasure reading your kind words and I will be sure to share your sentiments with my fantastic team who deserves all the praise. Thank you for noticing all the little big things in a positive light.

I am ecstatic that we could help make your stay, such a memorable one and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back the next time your visit the "Mother City".

Until then....