“Ritz - better than expected”
Review of The Ritz Cape Town

The Ritz Cape Town
Ranked #98 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I read some pretty harsh reviews about the CT Ritz. I was however pleasantly surprised. Yes the hotel is in need of a refurbishment, but the level of service, location and value for money more than made up for this. The hotel manager Peter van Eck went out of his way to make our stay at the Ritz pleasant. Dinner at the revolving rooftop restaurant was also a big treat. On my next trip to CT I will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charl9686

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I decided to try the Ritz as a base in Cape Town but sadly this is a very tired Hotel. I stayed on the 7th floor where the passage has a musty smell about it.
My room was clean, the bed fairly comfortable but that was where any luxury ended. The Desk was located outside the bathroom in a narrow passage. I did wonder why until I moved it to a more practical spot and discovered the large burn in the carpet from a previous guest. I ate at the revolving restaurant one evening (not cheap) and had a very tasty piece of fish but the accompanying vegetables were stone cold. Breakfast on the 1st floor is very basic but adequate. I doubt I will ever return here.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank zs1rap
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was a real pleasure staying at the Ritz Hotel recently. It was so easy to get there by public transport. The rooms have everything you would expect from a 3 star hotel. But not the view. This was 5 stars.

The facilities, restaurants, and other amenities make this hotel the perfect place to stay in Cape Town. It was also easy to get to the V&A waterfront by the My City Bus. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We had a great breakfast and the staff were very friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Sea Facing and above level 15.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 829PaulC
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome !! 3nyts ☆☆☆ Room service .. Front Desk support .. Telephone service .. All round perfection.. Thx much, Great views and Vibes .. Great Location and ohh so nice pool great time to grab a swim -right before 6:30 sundowna

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AndrewJGallant
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My room had very nice views , check in was a bit haphazard , the staff need to improve . Overall i was happy with my stay . I enjoyed the breakfast , a great selection , coffee could improve . The revolving restaurant is worth going to .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have very much enjoyed my stay at The Cape Ritz Hotel. All of the staff from the Manager down to the cleaning staff have been very helpful. The staff at the desk and at reservations have made me feel most welcome. The views from the rooms over Cape Town, Table View and the Ocean are tremendous- quite unique in the city. The revolving restaurant is unique in all of Africa.
My room was very nice , well maintained with a beautifully tiled bathroom and large bathtub. The room was nicely air conditioned with various levels of cooling. The bed was very comfortable. There was a television with various channels. The swimming pool and area with nice lounge chairs is very attractive.
The food is excellent. There is a wide variety of foods offered at the large buffet breakfast.Included are fresh juices, fresh fruit, yoghurts, a choice of cereals, various types of breads which can be toasted, pastries and muffins with fresh butter,margarine and a selection of jams and honey. Also there are hot foods with eggs and omelettes cooked to order, bacon, fish cakes, potatoes, tomatoes, baked beans and mushrooms. A selection of teas and coffee is served as well.
The hotel is very well located right in Sea Point - the well known holiday centre of the city- and the new City bus system is a two minute walk away with these modern buses traveling all around the city and to the most important visitor locations.
Altogether I find The Cape Ritz Hotel to be an excellent place to stay and very well located in Cape Town for an enjoyable holiday experience.
Thomas- visiting from Nassau Bahamas

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ALAN M
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My trip to Cape Town started really bad when another hotel somehow lost our reservation and found us a room to accomodate us at the Ritz. When I read the reviews online I freaked out of course but then I was surprised how the trip turned out. We had issues with the room they first gave us so they made sure they upgraded us to one of the best rooms in the hotel with beautiful view and comfortable beds. What was the highlight about this hotel is that they provided their huge conference room free of charge for a charity event I was doing for street kids in Cape Town. The management and some of the staff also attended to support the kids. They also called guests at the hotel and invited them as well to help me get more support for the children. It was great to see such support from people whom I just met.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business